Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
US$225
US$192
US$184
Fairfield Inn
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$198
La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach -N. Kings Hwy(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
La Quinta
US$287
US$225
  • Pool
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$253
Official Site
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$158
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$275
US$261
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$222
US$211
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$310
Official Site
1,195 results
All reviewsocean watchwoodsy poolstarfish buildingmarriott vacation clubmaple buildingmarriott hotel next doorgarden viewmarriott ownersgreat marriottocean frontzero entryhome resorthilton headthree buildingsbeautiful resortbedroom villapool bar
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Ocean watch is one of our favorite timeshares. We made an exchange through Interval for the first week in Oct. & everything was just perfect...the updated units are bright and comfortable. There are daily activities for kids and adults. At this time of year we especially enjoyed the ocean front location as it was a perfect beach week! It is quite close to restaurants, a new Publix grocery store and even the Carolina Opry for a show if time allows. We always make time for a day trip to Charleston and dinner at Murrells Inlet. We have stayed here many time and always experience only the best service in all areas of the complex but would especially like to give Tim a special thanks! Terry and Richard Small/Laurel, DE

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Just spent a wonder four nights at the Marriott Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach. First, let me mention Paige in the sales department. When my original four night vacation at Hilton Head was cancelled by Marriott due to Hurricane Irma, Paige called me to see if I wanted to go to Myrtle Beach instead. After some jockeying back and forth, she went above and beyond when she could’ve ended the conversation. The result was a two-bedroom, oceanfront unit at the Oceanwatch for four nights. Kudos to Paige.
The weather turned out to be great after Hurricane Irma just brushed the area two days before my arrival. It rained on and off for a couple of hours on one day, but it was great otherwise, 85 degrees every day. Going in the middle of September, we stayed away from the summer crowds with kids back in school. On the first day at the beach, we were literally the only ones in the water. And the pool water was warm like a bath. I love it that way.
The resort gave us a 10% discount to many local restaurants. They also gave us two free rounds of golf - mini golf though. The resort has a large pool between the three buildings with a smaller pool a little closer to the beach. It also has two hot tubs which were very often empty. In fact, the resort was only 50% full, due to the threat all week of the hurricane. The only restaurant on site is at the pool bar and it has the usual burgers and nachos and chicken fingers. We ate there once and it was fine, expensive but fine. There is a Marriott Hotel next door and is really pretty. We ate breakfast at the buffet there one morning. Naturally, it was overpriced and wasn’t any better than any other breakfast buffet that I’ve seen. It was $20.00 per person. The service by Juan was great however. He was always around when you needed something. We never had to look for him.
There’s were four grills between the pools and the beach. Grills were being used very often. Each morning there was an exercise class in the small pool and they usually had between fifteen and twenty people.
My room was a 2-bedroom unit and we had five people in my party. As a surprise, the second bedroom had two (2) queen beds instead of a sofa bed, unlike other resorts I’ve been to. We had an extra large balcony and were on the second floor, located right next to the pool bar and overlooking the smaller pool. The resort runs very efficiently and there are staff around the grounds at all times. One of them was Aaron, who greeted us by the beach at 7:00AM and was as friendly as could be. We ended up having a 15-minute conversation with him.
There are many restaurants and things to do in the area. We ate, the first night, in Luigi’s, and it was probably our best meal of the vacation. We ate one night in the Carolina Roadhouse, very good BBQ. We also ate one night in Bennett’s Seafood Buffet. The atmosphere was crude and some of the food didn’t look good but there was so much to choose from, that we were easily able to eat enough. On the last night, we went to Broadway on the Beach, a large area with restaurants and stores and rides. We ate in the Hard Rock Cafe and sat outside.
We had a little problem with one of the TVs (couldn’t change the channel), which I explained at the front desk. By the time we got back upstairs, the maintenance man was knocking on the door and the TV was fixed within ten minutes. Great job by Tony. Also, there was a spot on the rug, about 2’ by 2’, near the kitchen area which was wet from the time we checked in until the time we left. I didn’t have them fix it because it wasn’t a huge problem.
The big problem that we had was with the spa, which is located inside the hotel next door. My two daughters set up massages for themselves and my wife for her 60th birthday. We did this one day in advance and were told that the whole morning was available to choose from. They chose three massage at 9:00AM. One was a one hour massage and the other two were 90 minutes each. The menu has add-on for $25.00. In this case the add-on was ‘hot stone and foot massage’. When we asked how much extra time the add-on is, she said ’25 minutes’. Well, we found out the next day, after the massages that she was totally wrong. The add-on is INCORPORATED INTO the original massage for $25.00. There is NO ADDITIONAL TIME. Big difference. My daughters were called in first for their massages but my wife was still sitting in the waiting room 30 minutes later. Apparently her masseuse showed up late. The spa asked the next appointment to come in later but she declined so they cut my wife’s massage short and offered her a facial for the extra time. My wife, in general, doesn’t like facials, but she agreed to it just not to cause a problem. They took advantage of my wife’s good nature. They really didn’t offer her anything else, like a refund or another appointment. This was a special birthday present from my daughters and my wife didn’t get what she had ordered. In addition, one of my daughter’s heard her mother go in a half-hour late, and that kind of ruined the rest of HER massage. After hearing what happened, my daughter had to go back to tell the spa management how disappointed we were. They thought that my wife enjoyed her facial, but that wasn’t the point. She didn’t order a facial and she didn’t get her 90-minute massage for her birthday. After about a 10-minute conversation, the spa refunded the entire massage to her. But it was aggravating to have to go through that, and my wife still didn’t get what she wanted. When we checked the bank/charge account the next day, we saw that not only didn’t they give us the refund, but we were overcharged by over $170.00. Naturally, we went back to complain about that, and it was explained to us at the spa, that sometimes the banks will overcharge items from resorts and then return the money the next day. Don’t quite understand that, but that’s what happened. I’ve never come across this before, but the woman at the spa said that it happens a lot. Needless to say, I have to give the spa a poor review and it takes away from the entire trip at the Marriott facilities. I would definitely go to the Marriott Oceanwatch again but stay away from the spa in the hotel next door.

Room Tip: Stay away from the spa, which is next door in the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tffd01
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to welcoming you back to Myrtle Beach sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Oceanwatch Villas continues to match excellent service with an amazing property loaded with amenities to keep even the most picky family happy. Keep up the tremendous job! Villas have been recently refurbished, property kept in pristine condition!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for a 5 star review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We are owners at this resort. We always enjoy our week here. Units are clean and well appointed. Many activities to chose from, grounds and pools kept clean. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Weather was perfect which always helps when vacationing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We are owners at this property and always love staying here. Everything is first rate as usual except his time the Sand Dollar Grill must have changed management. Our first night we just wanted pizza as we were tired and it had always offered a Pizza Hut pizza before. Now they offer another type and it was not only expensive $20.99 but terrible! The sauce stopped two inches from the edge and the toppings were hard to find. Don't bother, go down the road a little ways to a real Pizza Hut.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. It is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to exceeding expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.