1,490 results
All reviews hibiscus spa pool area beautiful resort ocean front partial ocean view per day vacation club resort fee beach chairs great pool common areas oceanview room ping pong poolside bar time share spring break off season
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place. I traveled there for a mini vacation. So worth it. The weather was amazing. I look forward to going again. Maybe a longer vacation next time. The food and drinks were delicious. Amazing views

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thank Jacquelyn Louis... P
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I have stayed at this resort twice and I must say that if I return to Myrtle Beach, this would be my only choice. This is nothing like a typical Myrtle Beach property. It is clean, elegant and well-maintained. The room and view were gorgeous and the service was top-notch. I expect to pay a higher price for a great hotel like this. My only complaint would be the bar prices. I understand you pay more at hotels, but these prices seem more along the lines of gouging than just a typical hike. $6.50 for a bottle of Bud Light and at the conference functions they were $8.50. Martinis were $16 at the bar. Like I said, that's my only complaint. If you don't drink, you won't have a complaint at all. If you do, stop by Publix and stock the refrigerator in your room! :)

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I stayed here for a conference. I had a nice corner room so I was able to see the beach. I didn't love it as a conference venue as I felt it was pretty pricey. That being said, it's a nice property, well maintained, and on the beach. The hotel bar was nice. The room was nice. One thing that was missing was a place to charge usbs. This is not a big deal but charging stations are pretty standard in these types of hotels so I was a bit surprised to not find one. It's also not really close to anything. You can walk to a couple of restaurants west of the hotel but I walked up and down the beach, both ways and didn't come across anything that resembled a beach community with restaurants/bars. Maybe if I'd walked further but not sure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Atwoodrocks
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

What can I say about the Marriott grand dunes? It was amazing. Best weekend ever. The pool was beautiful. The view was beautiful. My room was nice. The staff is super super friendly. Food was delicious. A tad overpriced but delicious. Their specialty drinks were amazing. I will definitely go back. One hint though, make sure you put the do not disturb sign on the door. We and some other friends had the cleaning lady just walk in without knocking.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We were here for a conference and could not have been more pleased with our stay. We had a partial oceanfront balcony (the “skinny side” faced the ocean) with two queen beds. The room was comfortable and housekeeping was excellent.

The pool was great, large enough to not feel crowded. Poolside servers came by frequently, but were always pleasant to talk with and never were intrusive. The resort has a very nice stand alone slide in the pool area, but it was only open on a very limited basis...not sure why? Wasn’t an issue for us, but it was for dailies with children.

The resort is located in area where much of the beach is lined by large super upscale private home which means small crowds oceanside. It was a great beach for walking and shelling was okay for smaller shells.

Our only real issue was with the pricing of the restaurant and poolside food, overpriced (even for a conference resort). We remedied that by eating offsite after being surprised with a $40+ breakfast for two.

Front desk staff were polite and helpful at check in and departure...we would gladly stay here again and would recommend it as a conference location.

Trip type: Travelled on business