1,470 results
All reviewshibiscus spapool areabeautiful resortocean frontpartial ocean viewper dayvacation clubresort feecorner roombeach chairsgreat poolcommon areasoceanview roomping pongtime sharespring breakfamily vacation
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

No wifi! Wifi is not working well. Their Internet connection is terribly slow. Hotel guests have no access to the resort's facilities but have to pay $18 per day. Many rooms have limited ocean views.

The hotel is in quiet area. About 12 miles away from the board walk. The swimming pool is good next to the beach.

Stayed: August 2015
4  Thank samsamha
BrookRay, Manager at Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Samsamha,

Thank you for submitting a post in regards to your most recent stay at our resort. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with the internet during your stay. We just had some work completed on our internet and it is our goal that this would fix any and all issues that you had during your stay. Our resort fee that we have at our resort does include all amenities within our property. It do not however include any of the amenities in our neighboring resort, the Marriott Ocean Watch Villas. There amenites is only available to guest of the Villas. We again thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do hope that we will have the honor of having you stay back at our resort when your travels bring you back to the Myrlte Beach area.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights this week to give our kids some beach time before going back to school. It was a little pricey especially for some of the food and drinks. They charged $10 for a margarita served in a plastic cup. We purchased outside food and beverages instead and other guests wanted to know where we'd gotten it. For $200 per night, we expected the pools to have lifeguards on duty. It is difficult to relax when you have to constantly watch and check on your kids in the pool. They should at least hire someone for the summer months and cut a few parking attendants. We discovered the playground on our last day and also that they had daily activities for the kids. It would have been nice to have this well advertised so we could have taken advantage. Our stay felt like we were in the average Marriott hotel which probably would have been better. As for the rooms, they were very clean but showed some age especially the bathtubs. My daughter stepped in and slipped which really scared me but she appeared to be ok so I didn't report it but it's time to replace the grips as they are not working. I can't say I recommend this hotel over any other vacation rental in Myrtle Beach.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank iido1
Dylan W, Manager at Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Good afternoon iido1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review in regards to your most recent stay at our resort. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have a restful, enjoyable stay with us and we apologize that you did not feel you were able to do so. We have taken all the valuable information you provided and shared it with the appropriate management teams for further consideration. Thank you again for your comments. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

This is our second visit to this resort in the last year. The ocean views are amazing. The rooms are well appointed with the Marriott beds I LOVE. The wifi could definitely be better. I struggled with this on and off throughout our trip. However, this is a place we will definitely return to. In fact, we became Marriott Vacation Club owners on this trip!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

The property itself is very nice. Lots of great swimming pools (indoor & out) and even a small water slide. Very few suites with typical Marriott "cookie cutter" rooms, all identical. They pitch the "partial ocean view" but it is really a roll of the dice as to if you will see ocean at all. Lobby is very nice. Have not dined here due to the area being replete with restaurants.

The problem: On the night of 8-18-15, my wife and I were asleep in our fourth floor ocean front room to be woken by several explosions (yes, that is right explosions) outside our window which were large calibre fireworks. The blasts were significant enough to send percussive sound wave into the veranda windows almost causing an implosion. I called the front desk and was suitably impressed by the response. Debra, the "night auditor" informed me that there was indeed a group on the beach launching fireworks right in front of the hotel. Debra informed me that although hotel security was advised, that hotel security does not have jurisdiction on the beach and COULD DO NOTHING. I was informed police was called and the dangerous explosions continued for more than one hour. Now, "hotel security?" "Not having jurisdiction on the beach?" What would then be the case should "hotel security" observe a woman on the beach being subjected to a violent crime? Would they then have the power to say "now you stop that." I believe I was given lip service because the security was afraid to confront those people. Furthermore, if "hotel security" has no jurisdiction on the beach, then my theory holds true. People can be murdered, robbed, tortured, even burned at the stake, and "hotel security" does not have "jurisdiction" to act. Those explosions were right outside my window. The potential implosions would have sent shards of glass flying into the room. The bed faces the window. You can complete the visual. I will stay the remaining nights of my reservation, have so many activities planned. I will add some plans, like meeting hotel security, attending the Vacation Club tour in four hours from now to tell potential buyers they are not safe on the beach. I have been an Marriott Elite member for 14 years. This property is now off my list and if I don't get satisfaction from Marriott about this, there are other fish in the see willing to provide me the value I expect for my money.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner, ocean front view (it will be $$$). Keep calling the local reservations desk to confirm your request.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank Stujersey

Good afternoon Stujersey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you and your wife experienced while you were at our resort. The beach access in front of our hotel is a public access area. However, the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. We will certainly take into consideration all of the feedback you have provided and utilize it to learn from this situation. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott being an Elite member for as long as you have and hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting our property again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Almost didn't book this resort because of some of the reviews. So glad I didn't listen! This is a beautiful resort. The beach is close to perfect. Far away from the hustle of Myrtle Beach. Beautiful pools and grounds. Justin & Kayla at the front dest took very good care of us. Restaurant was good. All was what you'd expect from a Marriott resort. Rooms are a bit tired, but this didn't effect our stay. Some staining on carpet & chairs. Beds were clean, fresh and comfortable. Towels and bathrooms above average. Everything was very clean & fresh smelling. No issues with smelly rooms or housekeeping. We will definitely be back, and maybe try the vacation club rooms next. Only wish they had live music at pool and happy hour at bar. Would have really felt like a caribbean resort then :)

Room Tip: Surprising few balcony rooms at this hotel. Top floor with balcony is my preference.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family