1,755 results
All reviews across the street magnolia tower lazy river family kingdom amusement park washer and dryer living room palmetto building the security guard pool area full kitchen jacuzzi tub general store non smoking murphy bed granite countertops kids pool
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed at Sandy Beach Resort in July 2016 for the second time. The guest experience is always great, very pleasant employees and always helpful. We stayed in the Magnolia building this time which is well maintained and clean; however, the furniture could really use updating. The couch in the living area was old and faded with multiple stains. This was also a pull out bed my children slept on. The mattress was decent, no concerns there but I never wanted to sit on the couch. Also, the upstairs of this town house was nice, my again parents stayed in the upstairs so we could be on the same floor with our children. The staircase is a little narrow and would not be good for elderly or those that had issues going up and down steps. Also, it came a hard rain the first couple of days during our stay, the water stood on the upstairs balcony the rest of the week. There is no place for it to go, it was in the mid 90's all week, the water never completely dried up. There is no see through railing on this balcony, it's solid concrete. You can see the ocean if you are standing but if you are sitting you can only look up at the sky as you can't see through the concrete wall. You also have to lean over a little to get a view up and down the beach. If you don't mind to stand, the balcony is ok upstairs. The balcony on the first floor is great, it has the standard railing that you can sit and see everything. The only other issue we had was the hot water in the down stairs shower. There was plenty of it, just not much cold water at all so we had to take really quick and hot showers every day. All in all, I would stay again but on the new side of the hotel. We stayed on the new side in the spring of 2015, it was much better. The pools are nice and the exterior/pool area is kept up very well. It was also nice to have food/drink service on the beach with the restaurant workers coming around to take orders. Also, the wifi only worked well in the downstairs bedroom. It rarely worked throughout the rest of the unit.

Room Tip: Stay in the new side, the Magnolia is out dated.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We definitely enjoyed our stay of course. There were a few thumbs down. The WiFi totally SUCKS hope you have plenty of data when you go. There was outside people coming to swim in the pools. Not enough tables outside. There was an outlet by the kids pool that didn't have a cover on it, and a kid almost stuck his finger in it. When I went to tell one of the pool guys he said the kid want do it but once .WOW!!! This hotel definitely needs to step it's game up. 1,200 for the week was NOT worth it. We got put in the old part of the building with 2 bedrooms. There was only a couch in the living area to sit on. and we booked back in March. Definitely rethinking of staying else where next year.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 88beverlyb
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Stayed at Sandy Beach Resort, really nice place. Had a very large and spacious condo on the 16th floor. Had a few minor problems in the condo but maintenance came so quickly and resolved the concern it's not worth mentioning. Elevators were quick even while resort was pretty full. Had several pools, the lazy river kind a small but fun for the kids. Also it was right on the beach and close to everything. Only complaint is the exercise facility needs some repairs and updating pretty small. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: 16th floor quite and good view of the entire beach
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2016

I have stayed at Sandy beach for the last 5 years, I loved this place, my kids literally grew up here, they felt comfortable like their summer home for a week or two. However we stayed here over the Labor Day weekend and I sad because I will have to find another summer home because we will not stay here again. The main reason was my xhecki-in experience (that sets the tone for the week). We arrived in town early, at noon, on the day of the hurricane, 09/02/16, I know check in isn't until 4:00, but I always come early and tend to get in the room prior to 5:00. This time the attendant said no, but he was incredibly rude with no personality, I asked to check in and get a parking pass and again he said no. So I came back at 3:00 and the same rude guy who is void of personality said no. At the same time there was a guy checking in that said he'd just booked 1 hour ago online and his room was ready, he received his key cards. My son was sick so at 3:32 I came back asked if the room was ready, my son was sick. A different rude, but with a smile, told me no, it will be 4:00. I asked why 4:00 and not now and why would 28 minutes make a big difference. He said we guarantee 4:00 check-in. He called me at 3:55. It was the worst experience and worst example of indifference that I've witnessed in the hospitality industry. A loyal paying customer should at least be treated with some modicum of kindness. I didn't experience it this time and it will be my last. Plus the room was beat, the pools were dirtier than before, just not the experience that I was accustomed to. Good Bye Sandy Beach!

Room Tip: spend the extra money and saty in the palmetto side
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank connerfammm
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We've stayed at a number of the Myrtle Beach condo buildings and this one is by far the nicest. We book directly with independent condo owners and got a very nice deal. The beach is just steps away, and our room had a perfect view of the beach. The elevators are fast (this matters more than you think!!) and they have 4 of them. In some other resorts, we have noticed a smell of marijuana in the common areas, this was not a problem at Sandy Beach (honestly I don't mind it that much but it's nice to not have that smell). It's nice and there were lots of families swimming in the 2 pools. The lazy river looked suspect to me, it was inside and looked a little murky, we didn't go in there. The outdoor pools were very nice. Rooms were large and well equipped, with separate living and sleeping areas. Our room had a large oceanfront balcony. We plan to stay here again in the future. Lots of places in Myrtle can be hit or miss, so now that we found a good one we hope to keep it!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple