All reviews coastal carolina university tanger outlets across the street great hotel shopping and restaurants one night stay complimentary breakfast clean rooms convenient location definitely stay here again minute drive business trip enjoyed my stay easy access water pressure place to stay front desk staff
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Our party came to visit our student at CCU and stayed at this Hampton Inn because of the convenience to CCU and the Hilton brand. I was pleasantly surprised by this modern elegant decor of this hotel. The room layout and decor was well thought out. The staff was very warm and welcoming. Bubba (yes, that was the name on the tag) was charming and friendly. If you have a student at CCU, ask for the CCU rate. Sometimes they can assist. Book early on big CCU weekends!

Room tip: The suites are beautiful and spacious!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I checked in on Friday night to attend the CCU football game. I had not stayed at this property for 1 year, but was greeted enthusiastically by Bubba, the front desk manager. He was genuinely happy to see us again for the college football season. An excellent value for the price and close to the CCU campus.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I have been partial yowatds Hampton hotels based on past experiences. But, I will stay at this Hampton again. The friendliness of the staff was great. The rooms were comfortable. I think the only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the coffee maker in the room. I know it's complimentary, but it could have been better. But, don't let a coffee maker keep you ftfr staying here. I think it is a great value for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I go to Myrtle Beach twice a quarter for customer visits. Ive done Broadway at Beach hotels, great for tourists. Not what I was looking for. Great location and lots of restaurants nearby. Shopping too if you are into that. Bubba at the front desk was super nice, breakfast was your standard continental, and nice equipped gym. I was there doing the week so no kids, sports teams, etc.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We have stayed at several hotels in the area while visiting our student at Coastal Carolina. The Hampton Inn West is certainly one of the most convenient locations for this, being right on 501 and just a few minutes from campus.

This is nice and fairly typical Hampton Inn - that's not a negative, just saying you generally know what you're getting at a Hampton Inn and this property delivers on that expectation.

Our room on our last stay was good, the bedding was good, the property was clean and quiet, the breakfast was stocked and as expected, and the service was good - except we called down in the early evening asking for an extra blanket and it never came. We made it work without it, but it would have been nice to receive the requested item.

Other than that one issue, this has been a nice place for us to stay when we visit.

Date of stay: August 2018