All reviews inexpensive hotel spring and fall older place beach access would stay again great place to stay beds fridge comfort ocean
Reviewed 28 September 2017

It's hard to find anything good to say, after the very FIRST thing I saw when I stepped into my room was a GIANT BUG.

In promotional pictures, this place looks clean, bright and airy. In reality, most of the rooms are dark, because to have any light from outside, you have to open the curtain to expose your bedroom to people walking by the open corridor 6 feet from the bed.

The entire property was cluttered with sand bags, although there was no chance of needing them at the time of my visit. They must be part of the decor now.

My room wasn't the cleanest, and a dirty towel from the previous guest remained in the bathroom for the duration of my stay. Air conditioner grille was dirty. Air conditioner could barely cool the room, in part because the door to the outside is poorly sealed, and there is room for a small rodent to get in under the door. Similarly, the space around the air conditioner is not sealed. Even on the second floor, moisture must be an ongoing problem...they have moisture collection devices the the open closet and hanging on the lamp. Plenty of hot water and water pressure was fine. TV and channel selection was excellent. Wi-fi was free, but unreliable and slow.

Some of the people hanging around made me feel unsafe. It wasn't clear if they were guests or if they were just hanging around. I didn't feel safe parking my car there, and I worried about my room being broken into while I was out. I was worried about getting bugs in my luggage to take home with me.

Other reviewers have commented on the unpleasant feel of sand on the fake wood floor...it really is awful, and my feet got dirty just walking back and forth to the bathroom.

One night about 2 am there was a series of gunshots (or maybe some kind of fireworks or firecrackers that sounded exactly like gunshots). Sounded like it was right in the parking lot outside my room.

If I had known what I was walking into, I would have stayed home. This place was inexpensive and not worth it. I have stayed at worse places, but only twice, and definitely not on purpose.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank travelingbillbury
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I struck gold when I found this pet friendly motel in 2013. I have been back every year since and will continue to come back every year.
I brought all of my kitchen essentials with me this year but to my delight I discovered they have everything except pots and pans so next year I can travel a little more lightly.
I have read many of the reviews on the ocean front rooms and the one thing many have in common is the oven. well ladies and gentlemen this is a compact stove so the oven basicly works more like a toaster oven.
work with it or bring a toaster oven with you like I did. When I stay in the regular rooms I bring an electric double burner with me to cook on because I just don't use microwaves.
This is not a condo it is a motel so if you desire the amenities of a condo then you need to go to a condo not a motel.
I can't wait to come again next year.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sweetsasi2669
Raj N P, Manager at Sea Hawk Motel Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Greetings:

Thank you for your review and comments. Here at Sea Hawk, we appreciate your patronage and we look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The Sea Hawk Staff were wonderful. The motel is really on the beach! The rooms are comfortable, clean, affordable with a microwave and fridge. Staying right on the beach is a real plus and peaceful. The bathroom remodel is the only drawback it left something to be desired-more space for hanging towels, level floor. Overall this is a very good place!

Room Tip: Upstairs has best view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank scshelen

Hello Ms. Helen:

Thank you for your review and comments. The space in the bathroom is as efficient as we can make it without much clutter. Nonetheless, we will revisit the issue you have mentioned.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We found this hotel in Myrtle Beach on the ocean. The hotel had been recently renovated. The room was clean. Had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. Beds were small. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel to enjoy the beach for the weekend and we were happy with the Sea Hawk. The gentleman in the office was very friendly. Would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam P
Raj N P, Manager at Sea Hawk Motel Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello Ms. Pam:

Thank you for your review and comments. We are glad that you had a nice stay at Sea Hawk and we look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Regards,

Sea Hawk Motel

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

For many years I have stayed at this motel and I must say this time was one of the more lack luster of my trips. While the renovations to the motel are much nicer the floors prove to be an issue with being almost impossible to not track sand to and from the areas of your room as well as ending up with us having to buy very cheap mats for the room to prevent us from slipping on their slick floors. The customer service there is always good but the house keeping is much different than most are use to. During your stay they DO NOT offer to clean your room. When you wake up in the mornings you will find a garbage bag hung from your door on the outside of what they think you need to get you thru the day and thats that. The ac unit in our room hardly kept the room cool even turned to its lowest setting and the stove could hardly cook can biscuits unless u preheated the over for close to an hour. As for sleeping the beds are comfy but the cover they give you is a pathetic excuse of a comforter so if you like to bundle up you will need to ask for more blankets. Now onto the pool.... It is one big pool that is split into two sections a kiddle pool and then the area that expands from 4ft to 8ft. There are different types of sea life painted on the sides and bottoms of the pool which only seem to scare the children more than comfort them but its not to the point of them being to terrified to swim. All in all my stay wasnt bad its just nit picking at things i noticed and the pure lack of guest service when needed. My final thought to this all is yes id stay again but its because its kinda became a family tradition.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Raj N P, Manager at Sea Hawk Motel Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest:
We appreciate your feedback and comments on your stay at Sea Hawk. We take all comments seriously and we will make sure the issues you have raised will be discussed with all our staff. We wish that during your stay the AC and the stove issued was brought to our attention, we would have taken care of it as well as the house keeping issue.

Nonetheless, we appreciate your patronage and we look forward to serving you again.

Thank you.