All reviews room was clean minute walk to the beach nice pool a pet friendly hotel continental breakfast nice stay front desk staff pets motel microwave sc
Reviewed 26 January 2016

I liked the hotel. It was very clean and the location is close to the beach (about 5-10 minute walk). Red Roof Inn allows pets for no additional fee so this is great for me and my pet because she can travel with me. Can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Literally 5 minutes to the Myrtle Beach Airport!! The hotel is clean and the team members are very attentive and friendly. As a woman traveling alone I felt quite comfortable; safe. The rates are very reasonable, especially for being so close to the airport. The Myrtle Beach Airport is a great place to fly out of.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here during Christmas weekend with our 2 small dogs. No pet fees! Which is what attracted us to red roof inn. Front desk was very nice and made us feel welcoming. Hotel was clean and was satisfied with our room. Pet area provided poop bags which was great since I forgot to bring my own. Coffee in lobby was good and always fresh and they had my favorite creamer by coffee mate and of coarse it was all free. Our housekeeper Lori was really nice and she went beyond her job to help us with our luggage to the car. We couldn't find a luggage cart when checking out but she ran to our aid when she seen us struggling in the hallway and offered to help us carry our luggage to the car. I was very impressed with her help and customer service. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SallyH2068
Reviewed 13 December 2015

POSITIVE:

Friendly Staff at the reception
Very quiet setting - but close to the airport
Nice pool and garden
Dog-friendly - a great plus
Got a room upgrading (low season)

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:

Website shows fridge/microwave, but only for $15 extra. Why not tell web visitors that this is an extra feature (even though standard in even the cheapest motel)
Bathroom floor could have been cleaner
Coffee w/milk powder, no breakfast, not even a small cookie

Room Tip: Ask for a room with fridge / microwave (also $15 more)
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelJournalist1951
Reviewed 9 December 2015

As most other reviewers have said, this is a fine hotel for the price. I stayed here with one other person for a night before a flight, and the room was fine. Fairly clean, AC worked fine, only issue was some difficulty with our front door.

The woman at the front desk was very accommodating setting up a taxi for early in the morning to the airport and assisting with boarding passes etc. Check in and out were both very quick and easy.

There's a mini golf course across the street if you're with kids, and a Damon's within walking distance. Some fast food around the corner too. Beyond that the location isn't fantastic for things to do in Myrtle Beach, unless you are mostly interested in proximity to the airport (like we were).

Overall, can't really beat this price for a quick one night stay here. It's not incredible, but I would stay here again prior to heading to the airport in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Lynette S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear Austin N,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell about your stay with us. We do have a great location close to the beach, shopping, attractions and restaurants! We look forward to seeing again in Myrtle Beach.

Thanks again,