My family (husband, myself & 3 kids) spent 5 nights in a 1 bedroom oceanfront suite at The Breakers Resort. We were in the Paradise Tower. The room left a lot to be desired. The kitchen was a galley kitchen with the bathroom door right off the kitchen. Kitchen did not have dish soap or paper towels. When the toaster was used we set off the smoke detector in our room because the ceiling in the kitchen is low compared to the bedroom & livingroom. Because of this, we prepared toast in the living room. We made coffee but had to bring our own filters (none provided). The bathroom toilet was clogged upon arrival & then jammed up every other day of our trip. So at least 3 times we had to get maintenance. The Murphy bed in the living room was ample size for my 2 girls & they had their own TV to watch. The bedroom was very dark even with all the lights on. No ceiling fans in any of the rooms. The bedroom is right off the hallway. Every night we heard loud slamming (maybe someone's door) between 10:30-11:30, every single night. The lock to the slider that lead to the balcony was broken. Thankfully there was a latch that we used as back up. The balcony was small with 2 plastic chairs & small little plastic table. The view was beautiful. The wallpaper was peeling back. The suite definitely needs updating.
As for the grounds, pretty clean except for the huge palmetto bugs/roaches we found by the pool & stairwell up to our room. Lazy river the kids enjoyed as well as the pool.
This resort is located within walking distance of the small amusement park. We drove to the Boardwalk. Across the street was a small restaurant, Starbucks, Italian Place & burger joint. Down the street a great ice cream place.
We weren't satisfied with our overall accommodations & will not stay at this resort again. North Myrtle Beach is beautiful. When we visit This area again, we will be sure to go North. Million dollar homes, clean & so much more to do. If you have a car, definitely look into North Myrtle resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina