“Underwhelmed ”

The Breakers Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My family (husband, myself & 3 kids) spent 5 nights in a 1 bedroom oceanfront suite at The Breakers Resort. We were in the Paradise Tower. The room left a lot to be desired. The kitchen was a galley kitchen with the bathroom door right off the kitchen. Kitchen did not have dish soap or paper towels. When the toaster was used we set off the smoke detector in our room because the ceiling in the kitchen is low compared to the bedroom & livingroom. Because of this, we prepared toast in the living room. We made coffee but had to bring our own filters (none provided). The bathroom toilet was clogged upon arrival & then jammed up every other day of our trip. So at least 3 times we had to get maintenance. The Murphy bed in the living room was ample size for my 2 girls & they had their own TV to watch. The bedroom was very dark even with all the lights on. No ceiling fans in any of the rooms. The bedroom is right off the hallway. Every night we heard loud slamming (maybe someone's door) between 10:30-11:30, every single night. The lock to the slider that lead to the balcony was broken. Thankfully there was a latch that we used as back up. The balcony was small with 2 plastic chairs & small little plastic table. The view was beautiful. The wallpaper was peeling back. The suite definitely needs updating.

As for the grounds, pretty clean except for the huge palmetto bugs/roaches we found by the pool & stairwell up to our room. Lazy river the kids enjoyed as well as the pool.

This resort is located within walking distance of the small amusement park. We drove to the Boardwalk. Across the street was a small restaurant, Starbucks, Italian Place & burger joint. Down the street a great ice cream place.

We weren't satisfied with our overall accommodations & will not stay at this resort again. North Myrtle Beach is beautiful. When we visit This area again, we will be sure to go North. Million dollar homes, clean & so much more to do. If you have a car, definitely look into North Myrtle resorts.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Corey S, Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Misliny,

I sincerely apologize for your lackluster experience.

While we do not provide paper towels for any of the rooms, please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk if you need anything at all during your stay. We do offer coffee (contained in individually sealed packets - eliminating the need for filters), but in an effort to prevent waste, we do not supply it in every single room prior to arrival. Regardless of what you need, we will do everything in our power to honor your request.

I am confident we are capable of providing a far better vacation. If you would consider returning to The Breakers Resort, please feel free to contact me directly. I will do everything in my power to ensure the best possible experience.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,178)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Everyone was so friendly and nice and plenty of things to do along with nice balconies that we were able to smoke on. The breakfast at Papa's was reasonable along with a nice parking garage to park your vehicle in

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We are so thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience! I will share your comments with our entire team. It is our goal to be the number one resort on the Grand Strand and feedback like this lets us know we're headed in the right direction.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My two best friends and I planned a trip there. My two friends had never been there before. They absolutely loved it. The room was great as always. Had plenty of towels and if we needed anything all we had to do was ask . Ben and Jerry's was great as it was across the road from the resort, LuLu's café has an awesome breakfast, and Dunkin Donuts for the coffee lovers, all within walking distance .
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Always get a room with a view of the ocean
1  Thank amandastewart764

Dear amandastewart764,

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Nothing makes me happier than our loyal guests bringing their friends and family to The Breakers, so we have the opportunity to impress them and add them to the huge list of repeat guests! We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as your referral!

See you next time!!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have stayed at the Breakers twice a year for 20 years, I was disappointed this time. They have gone up in pricing & my room really needed to be refurbished. It had a lot of things wrong with it. They do not enforce the no towel rule before 9:00 A.M. at all. People take their towels & bags downs before 8:00 A.M. & leave them & do not stay with them, so if you don't get down early & stay with your table or chairs you may have a hard time getting one. The ice machine was broken on the first floor & on the 3rd floor was always empty.

Room Tip: If you want a suite & want a full size refrigerator, you have to request one or you get a compac...

Dear Fran K,

I sincerely apologize for the resort failing to meet the expectations set by previous visits.

We share your sentiment in the need for renovations. Sadly, when Hurricane Matthew blew through in October of 2016, many of our scheduled improvements had to be delayed indefinitely, so that necessary structural repairs could be completed. This window of opportunity was shortened even further by the unseasonably warm spring weather. Therefore, we will be working twice as hard to get everything back on schedule this autumn. I invite you to return and judge our commitment to improvement. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We genuinely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Upon check in, it took 45 minutes to check in. My room and building had been changed from what I reserved and the employee at check in had no answer as to why. Credit card machines were not communicating with the computer system, so they wrote down all the approval information. They said if anything happened, they'd call for me to come down and run it again the next day. The charge came directly out of my bank account. The next morning, they ran my card AGAIN and nobody notified me that they would be. This created a double authorization on my. And account. I sent a message through the Breakers all and received no response, which did not surprise me. In the room, the dishes were dirty and so were two towels. The shower was made for someone that has to be 5'8 or shorter. Me being 6'3, it didn't work so well. The overall experience was just poor. Another hotel that doesn't care about guests and just wants their money.

Dear justinsig,

I sincerely apologize for the poor overall experience.

Saying that we don't care about our guests could not be further from the truth. I hate to learn that anyone left dissatisfied or unwilling to return. I would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Please call me directly at your earliest convenience. To reach the resort, please dial (843) 444-4444.

I hope to hear from you soon.