“Great facility”

The Breakers Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Everyone was so friendly and nice and plenty of things to do along with nice balconies that we were able to smoke on. The breakfast at Papa's was reasonable along with a nice parking garage to park your vehicle in

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Corey S, Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We are so thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience! I will share your comments with our entire team. It is our goal to be the number one resort on the Grand Strand and feedback like this lets us know we're headed in the right direction.

We hope to see you again soon!

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,178)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My two best friends and I planned a trip there. My two friends had never been there before. They absolutely loved it. The room was great as always. Had plenty of towels and if we needed anything all we had to do was ask . Ben and Jerry's was great as it was across the road from the resort, LuLu's café has an awesome breakfast, and Dunkin Donuts for the coffee lovers, all within walking distance .
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Always get a room with a view of the ocean
1  Thank amandastewart764

Dear amandastewart764,

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Nothing makes me happier than our loyal guests bringing their friends and family to The Breakers, so we have the opportunity to impress them and add them to the huge list of repeat guests! We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as your referral!

See you next time!!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have stayed at the Breakers twice a year for 20 years, I was disappointed this time. They have gone up in pricing & my room really needed to be refurbished. It had a lot of things wrong with it. They do not enforce the no towel rule before 9:00 A.M. at all. People take their towels & bags downs before 8:00 A.M. & leave them & do not stay with them, so if you don't get down early & stay with your table or chairs you may have a hard time getting one. The ice machine was broken on the first floor & on the 3rd floor was always empty.

Room Tip: If you want a suite & want a full size refrigerator, you have to request one or you get a compac...

Dear Fran K,

I sincerely apologize for the resort failing to meet the expectations set by previous visits.

We share your sentiment in the need for renovations. Sadly, when Hurricane Matthew blew through in October of 2016, many of our scheduled improvements had to be delayed indefinitely, so that necessary structural repairs could be completed. This window of opportunity was shortened even further by the unseasonably warm spring weather. Therefore, we will be working twice as hard to get everything back on schedule this autumn. I invite you to return and judge our commitment to improvement. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We genuinely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Upon check in, it took 45 minutes to check in. My room and building had been changed from what I reserved and the employee at check in had no answer as to why. Credit card machines were not communicating with the computer system, so they wrote down all the approval information. They said if anything happened, they'd call for me to come down and run it again the next day. The charge came directly out of my bank account. The next morning, they ran my card AGAIN and nobody notified me that they would be. This created a double authorization on my. And account. I sent a message through the Breakers all and received no response, which did not surprise me. In the room, the dishes were dirty and so were two towels. The shower was made for someone that has to be 5'8 or shorter. Me being 6'3, it didn't work so well. The overall experience was just poor. Another hotel that doesn't care about guests and just wants their money.

Dear justinsig,

I sincerely apologize for the poor overall experience.

Saying that we don't care about our guests could not be further from the truth. I hate to learn that anyone left dissatisfied or unwilling to return. I would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Please call me directly at your earliest convenience. To reach the resort, please dial (843) 444-4444.

I hope to hear from you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We had a beautiful ocean front room with an amazing view. It was very clean and quiet although a bit dated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was right where you want to be. When we get back to Myrtle Beach, we would definitely stay at The Breakers Resort.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor online community!

We are so happy you were able to enjoy the beautiful views, as well as our convenient location. It is especially gratifying that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful! Our staff works tirelessly to ensure guest satisfaction at every opportunity.

We all look forward to serving you during your next visit!