“Nice stay for a short time”
Review of St. John's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
St. John's Inn
Ranked #141 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My wife and I just spent two nights at the St. John's inn, and had a very nice time. We booked through the Caravelle, thinking that we would be in the large building. However, we did not request a suite, so they put us at the St. John's instead.

The room was spacious for a king-sized room. We even had a full couch! The only complaint I would have is that the ac in the room was constantly running, and that made the balcony wet and the carpet around the ac damp. Otherwise, it certainly met our needs as a younger couple.

If you don't mind crossing the street to get to the beach or climbing a few stairs, then this is a nice lower-cost alternative to Myrtle Bew

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 15 June 2011

My family had a great time here. The bottom floor is the best because it is right off the pool. And the ocean is just across the street...

Room Tip: Bottom floor is the best :)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My daughter, and two granddaughters stayed at the St.John's in July when other rooms at the beach were way over our budget. I would normally have chosen the The Caravelle resort hotel but because this was an impromptu trip, suites were not to be had. Having stayed at the the Caravelle on each prior beach trip for the last 13 years, I assumed that because the St.Johns was part of the resort it would be almost as nice a room. I was soooo wrong. It was very humid outside, and just about as humid inside the room too. The carpet felt dank and the room had a slight musty smell to it.. The room opened up into the pool area which everyone thought was way cool. The bathroom on the other hand was awful!!! The tub caulking was literally black with mold. The wall paper was stained and the toilet was so loud that it woke everyone up if it was used during sleep hours. It did have a small fridge, stove, and microwave. If it had not been for my granddaughters wanting to stay, I would have left and come home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cherrykist
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My friend had stayed here before...several years ago, so I went with his recommendation. It was great! If you are looking for a laid-back, relaxing spot, the St Johns Inn is for you! It is north of all the madness that Myrtle Beach has to offer, but still close to anything you would need or want to do. Our room overlooking the pool was ideal for what we needed. Daily maid service kept the place tidy, too. Beds were comfy, room was neat and clean. We plan to go back before summer's end.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tch469
Reviewed 16 August 2009

The St John's Inn at the Caravelle Resort is an older hotel. The room was clean and the fact that the rooms on the first floor had 10 feet ceilings did help. The wallpaper needs to be replcaed but we felt safe and the room was clean. If you are on the first floor, the courtyard to the pool was nice. I felt safe there but probably will not go back to it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family