“Recent stay at Horizan”
Review of Horizon at 77th

Horizon at 77th
Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I have used Horizan for many years to visit Myrtle Beach and see the Christms shows. Have been very satified wth the hotel, the staff and it's condition. A bit more tassel tis time checking in since it is now at the Grand Shore desk. Not bad,but a little more stuffing. Over all, this hotel/condo is great for location, very clean and furniture is nice carpet is clean. I would recommend this hotel for your stay.

Room Tip: All was good with the room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2017

For being in the penthouse, we were surprised at the things that were wrong. My husband took pictures of the big dent in the refrigerator, the holes in the wicker part of a chair. Then the tv in the living room was a 28 inch, which is not big enough for 8 people would could be in the room to watch at night. The jaccuzi tub in the master didn't work and the wifi didn't work and when the guy came up to look, it wasn't even the correct modem for the room

Room Tip: Since we went on the off season (Thanksgiving weekend) it was pretty empty
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We have been to the Horizon many times and our stay this time was again good.
The room we had was nice and clean. The bed slept good.
The couch (fold out bed) needs replacing
It is so low that it is hard to get up from for people with bad wheels like me.
We had to sit in one of the dining chairs or the 1 other chair in the room so our legs would not hurt if we sat for any period of time. .
The place is beginning to show wear and tear of the carpet in the hall corridors and they are planning to replace that.
The bad side for me was that we were on the 4th floor.
Normally we get rooms on higher levels.
When I come to the beach I take photographs of the sunrises and moonrises.
I got a few that are OK but from up higher the angles and views are much better.
I hope they will get us back up higher the next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Great for Girl's Weekend! We loved the Horizon at 77th (were pleasantly surprised). The condo was very large with 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths and 6 beds (including the sofabed). We had 8 ladies and only 2 beds needed to be shared. The kitchen was fully equipped and we used it for breakfasts, snacks and drinks. We were on the same floor as the lobby, and right close to the lobby. Probably the furthest location from the beach, but still had fabulous views from master, living room and 2nd room. We rented the beach chairs and umbrellas for the weekend, which worked out great. We had unbelievable weather and spend two full days on the beach (1 block away). Great facilities nearby as well (grocery stores, shopping, restaurants, breakfast spot, etc.). We drove a short distance to the Tanger outlet mall, Barefoot Landing for waterside dining at The Flying Fish and Greg Norman Grill, and an improv show in the nearby mall. Highly recommend shops - A Unique Boutique and The Wacky Rabbit. Don't miss the restaurant called Fire and Smoke Gastropub within walking distance. Washer and dryer in room!

Room Tip: I think a high floor and away from elevator would be good.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Thanks to the Horizon, my Birthday weekend was a success. I had checked into a sister property that was not as what expected. The receptionist at the Horizon was very prompt to find my family and I the same room type with better qualities. Even though the rate was more and we had to drive after 12am 30min. To get there, it was worth it. I was able to enjoy my pre Birthday weekend after all.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family