All reviews lazy river ocean view short walk to the beach washer and dryer bedroom condo full kitchen indoor pool nice condo jacuzzi tub parking garage grande shores home away from home sleeper sofa dvd player up to date the past years king bed
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Horizon Resort and was very disappointed in my room. It wasn't neccessarily the view or anything just the upkeep of the room. There were scuff marks and dents on the walls. The carpets were horrible. I was afraid to even walk barefooted. When I brought these issues to the attention of the front desk. Ivan offered to move me but there werent any units available.This made me very upset but then his associate Ebony apologized for the way the unit was and informed us that she would let management know of the problems we were experiencing. The issues werent corrected during our stay but just the attentiveness of these two front desk staff made the stay worth while. I will stay again and this time bring family. I am looking forward to checking in with Ebony and Ivan. They were the highlight of my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

I will make sure Ebony and Ivan read this great comment. They are really great desk agents and we do appreicate how kind and helpful they are with guests. I am also happy to see you will be return to us and bringing other members of your family. Please know we are constantly working with homeowners to provide the upgrades our condos need at Horizon and we will make sure to pass your comments along. Thank you for your comment. We look forward to having you return soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed there for a week just after the July 4th holiday. Upon arrival noticed the unit was going to be a bit cramped in the 2 bedroom unit. We had four adults and 3 small children. Looked on chart and noticed that our unit was one of the smallest. Asked for larger unit(either in square footage or bedrooms) and were told there was none. Asked for one with two twins instead of a queen. Bathroom door was not level which made for joyful noise all the day and especially night amongst our 7 occupants. The ice maker wasn't working. A handyman came supposedly checked the unit and plugged it into the water line. Next day and another handyman arrived. He said there was no ice and poor cooling of the entire refrigerator due to how we had placed items in the freezer. Despite the ridiculousness of the assertion, we complied and moved our mushy items around in the freezer. We have returned home and still waiting on ice. Overall for our safety we continue to purchase ice and use our coolers.
The pools are fine if you have kids less than eight years old. The pools are between 3 and 3.5 feet deep. If you ignore the sand at the bottom of the pools, you might be fine.
Lastly, there was the last minute(at check-in) fee charged. We were told it was for taxes that weren't assessed upon booking several months ago. Fees were supposedly for WIFI and parking. I wont even begin that WIFI is just about free at most public locations. The parking is not secured or patrolled. In fact you will appreciate parking in places wider than six feet and void of cement beams and sharp terms. New/nervous drivers....don't even try it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cryda1
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We loved our 3 bedroom condo. Very spacious and comfortable. We had the perfect room with a great view of the ocean. The kids enjoyed the pool and lazy river. In fact, they enjoyed the pool next door much better because it was more than 3 feet of water. The reason I gave it 3 stars is because of the atmosphere of the hotel itself. There is none. The lobby is located on the 1st floor and you can only get to it by elevator (and stairs of course). There is no place to go to just hang or get a drink or coffee or meet up with your family. There is no restaurant in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

So happy to see you enjoyed your condo. We do feel we have some of the nicest and our locatiion is ideal. The Horizon was designed to provide large condos and balconies. For that reason you do not find larger common space. We have a restaurnat and lounge in our hotel right beside Horizon and our Horizon guest do enjoy breakfast and happy hours there. Thank you for your review and please return when in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Their front desk staff needs to attend a customer service training class. Do not expect to get any service or respect or attention of any kind from them. They have no patience to deal with customers....no matter how patient you are, or how nice you are, it does not matter. They treat everyone pretty much the same.....rudely! The elevators in this place...........be prepared to bring your lunch as you wait for a ride! One day it took 25 minutes for an elevator to arrive and by then we had a mob waiting for the elevator and when it arrived it was ... no surprise here.....full.....so we waited another 10 minutes. All weekend we say elevator people walking around the property .....but, that seemed to be all they were doing....walking around.....

We could not find our car because it is hard to remember where you park it after you enter the property due to confusing directions. The rooms are not well appointed if you intend to cook so be prepared to either buy cooking utensils when you arrive or bring from home. They are adamant that you will be charged for damage...don't know how you could do any damage when they don't provide you with anything to damage in the first place. If you have a choice and don't have to stay here.........don't stay here. We will not be back....and we met many people that were staying here for a dance competition that also advised they would not be back for the same reason. The service stinks at this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room located in the tower closest to the ocean on a floor above the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GVL605

I would love to hear from you so we can pinpoint who helped you at our front desk. We want to be able to show this review to them and coach them on customer service. We do take our guest's feelings very seriously and as you can see from many comments our staff is normally congratulated on their great attitudes. I am sorry you felt we did not care. Please know this is not the case. Thank you for taking the time to review Horizon. Your comments will be taken seriously.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at the Horizon on 77th and it was unbelievable! The staff was ver accomodating and very friendly. Everything in the condo was updated and new! I had a breathtaking veiw of the ocean and it only took a couple minutes to walk to the beach. A short cab ride to the boardwalk (bars, food, shopping, etc), all in all it is located in the best place! I travel a lot and this is the best place I have stayed at! I would recommend this place again and again. Everytime I travel to Mrytle Beach I stay at the Horizon!

Room Tip: Stay on the 800 floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends