“Pizza place near Ocean Lakes”

DiCarlo's Pizza Myrtle Beach
Ranked #328 of 963 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 August 2016

They offer the Ohio Style pizza, which means there is melted cheese and then throw more cheese on top. It was good, but not our favorite pizza place at the beach.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I grew up on DiCarlos pizza in the Ohio Valley but hadn't had it in many years since moving away. I was thrilled to find out there was one in Myrtle Beach, but was also skeptical.

Let me tell you, it is PERFECT. Just as good as any DiCarlos in the Ohio Valley. The service was excellent and everyone working there was fantastic.

For those not familiar with DiCarlos, the crust is baked with the (amazing) sauce, and then the cheese (provolone not mozzarella) is added after it comes out of the oven and has a minute to cool, so it is only partially melted. It is an unusual combination, but please give it a try, I think you'll love it! If it isn't for you, they'll happily throw it back in the oven for you to melt the cheese, but give the original a shot first!

This is very conveniently located right next door to the Walmart across the street from Ocean Lakes Camp Ground. It is so easy to place your order and pick up a few items at Walmart to pass the time. This is a not to miss pizza experience!

For those who are addicts, you can also get a half-baked pizza where they box it up after baking it about half the normal time so you can take it home and finish baking it, and they give you the cheese on the side to add later.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

During a recent visit to Myrtle Beach, my daughter and son-in-law went to DiCarlo's for lunch and brought back 3 pieces of pizza for us. It looked (and smelled) very good with lots of cheese, so I took one bite and was smitten! It truly was THE BEST pizza I have ever eaten (and I'm originally from New York!). The ingredient which absolutely made the pizza was the sauce. It was thick and zesty and rich ad delicious. The crust was perfection and the cheese was not only melted on the pizza during baking, but then additional cheese (provolone, I believe) was added before serving.

The next day they returned to DiCarlo's with my son and his family. They ordered a calzone and pizza. They wanted to bring back a piece of the calzone for me to try, but alas, they couldn't help themselves and finished it in the car before they got back to our rental house.

Needless to say, when we return to Myrtle Beach next summer, our first stop will be DiCarlo's. And this time, I won't volunteer to babysit while they eat there.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a pizza place for dinner and after we seen this was nearby we had to give it a try. Living in the Ohio Valley we have grown up on DiCarlos Pizza and this pizza was spot on extremely good. The crust was crispy and perfect and just the perfect amount of cheese and pepperoni. They give you the option of Ohio Valley style as well as regular the Ohio Valley style was perfect.

1  Thank WVAngler
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We found this place on Restaurants.com and decided to try it when we learned that it was across the street from the Myrtle Beach Resort. We had to get the largest sausage pizza, largest order of wings, cinnamon rolls, and the antipasto salad to get the $50 minimum. Some thought that the pizza could have used a little less cheese, but 4 adults and the 3 and 5 year old all enjoyed it. The wings were not the largest we have had - but very meaty and well prepared.The rolls all went the first day, but we enjoyed the pizza an salad the next day. The person who thought that there could have been less cheese on the pizza was also the one who wished they had a few pasta dishes to go with the sauce.

1  Thank JOHN G