All reviews complimentary breakfast recommend this hotel nice property would stay here again within walking distance clean rooms short drive pool and hot tub enjoyed our stay front desk staff great place to stay family vacation northwoods inns sc accommodations myrtle
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This was a nice hotel, well located, very clean with a nice breakfast. The breakfast staff was very helpful. Waze sent us the wrong way on the last turn towards the hotel. So, watch for street signage. Otherwise, you'll end up in the ocean!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Checked in to room then to get into room to find they had us in the wrong room; when I went down stairs the lady at the front wanted to argue w me. Then the manager stepped in to straighten it out and I was correct. Then I had arranged for late check out and they came banging and calling our room bc again someone over looked the confirmation. Very unorganized staff but, a nice hotel appearance and great location.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
gloriagore2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi Melissa
Sorry for all the mistakes the staff made and thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to response. Your feed back is very valuable and it help with training. Again I thank you and if ever in the area again please allow us a chance to make it right.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

The staff and front desk crews were exceptional. Some of the cleanest rooms and the bed was impeccably made. Enjoyed my three night stay. Very good restaurants near by, close to the ocean and the lobby was very clean and neat.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Julia L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

First of all thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to give valuable feedback on your stay. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

First, let me say that every person on the staff that I encountered was pleasant, friendly and helpful when I needed any sort of assistance. Always a smile and a friendly greeting-housekeeping, breakfast crew, front desk, all shined.

Onto the hotel itself. I don't know how old the property is, but it's not aging well. This is partially due to it being in a vacation area, but some of the blame falls on the owner's being cheap, a lack of maintenance or both.

As with every hotel stay, the first thing I do is check the filter(s) in the HVAC unit. I am sensitive to mold, so it's a priority for me. The filters weren't too bad, but when the unit was running, there was a malodor coming from it. I pulled the cover off and the coils were caked with dust buildup. It looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. I had no choice but to clean them myself. The entry door wouldn't close by itself. You had to manually push or pull the door closed That's a safety and security issue that should have been reported by housekeeping the last time it was cleaned. There were some other minor things with the room, but none worth mentioning.

The elevators were very hot and humid to ride in. The control panel indicated that the fan was supposed to be running, but it was not. Call the elevator out to fix this please.

The fitness room smells awful! This room has a huge issue with humidity control. It doesn't help that there is a bucket catching water that's dripping from the ceiling.

The pool hallway has condensation drops all over the ceiling. This building would benefit from an HVAC engineer coming out to find out why the system isn't removing moisture from the air. That's part of what an air conditioner does. Also, at the door from the lobby to the outside eating area, there are air conditioners above the door that drop condensate water on you as you go in or out of the building.

The pool. When I looked at it, the water was cloudy enough that you couldn't see the drain covers clearly. That is an indication of a less than safe level of chlorine.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julia L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

First thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give valuable feedback. I will make sure that the concerns you mention are forward to the General Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Head Of Maintenance, and the Owners. We are glad that you did enjoy the staff and hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful beach! I visited in June and always really early in the day where it's still quiet and peaceful. Its wonderful to hear the sounds of the waves crashing ashore and feeling the morning breeze. The beach itself is clean and the sand was soft. I also visited midday and saw lots of families (this was further down near the boardwalk area) where it's a bit more congested. It's a really nice place to visit but being a beach lover ...I seem to ❤ all beaches!

Hotel: The hotel is clean and comfortable! Theres lots to do within walking distance. Theres a Fridays and a grocery store and other restaurants across the road. It's about a 10-15 minute uber ride to the boardwalk. This hotel also offers free hot breakfast! Excellent addition to an already decently priced hotel stay!!

Date of stay: June 2018