“Think Maryland food as fast food”
Review of Heart & Soul Seafood Cafe - CLOSED

Heart & Soul Seafood Cafe
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We wanted to try something that felt like home since we are from Maryland. Several of us had the crabcake dinner, some tried the crab pretzel. The crabcake dinner is $17 for a crabcake put on a hamburger bun with lettuce tomato and mayonnaise served in a shrimp basket. It came with French fries. You have the choice of broiled or fried. The crab pretzel looked good. It resembled what we've had in Maryland. This place is okay. We had a distance to drive since we live near North Myrtle Beach. If this place had been right down the road from us, I'd want to try steamed crabs. If it was close by, we would do crabcakes again since it's probably the closest we've found to what they make in Maryland in the Carolinas. But for us to drive about 40 miles in lots of traffic, unless we are down that way anyhow, we may not go again for some time. I feel like it was the fast food version of Maryland food.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant, but it won't be my last. Service was friendly and prompt. The menu was varied. I had the ribs. Delicious. Others had the shrimp and grits, and the crab cake. Delicious. Portions were large. A totally enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I had shrimp and grits and collard greens. I'm not fond of sweetness in my greens. The grits had sausage and bacon in them. Also not my thing. Still the meal was yummy.
My husband had gumbo and it was fabulous. Generous sized servings. It's a bit of a wait and there is no ambiance but good food. I thought it a bit pricey.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Don't let the looks deceive you. A small place in a strip mall. But, really good food!
We went with friends and we each ordered something different. Everyone was happy with their choice. Food, service all good!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We went for the Thanksgiving dinner, we were disappointed. I really think they were out of their comfort zone, I don’t think they’re prepared to serve that many of the same meal. Reviews say the normal meals are great so we’ll give them another try and order some of their normal dinners.