“Affordable and fun adventure!”
Review of Pirate Adventures

Pirate Adventures
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures is a unique, unforgettable experience for your child aboard a pirate ship in Murrells Inlet just south of Myrtle Beach. You will be amazed as we tap into your child's imagination and transform him or her into a pirate, complete with face paint, tattoos, and pirate fashions. Time aboard our ship is filled with non-stop activity, including reading a treasure map, hauling loot aboard, and, of course, defending the ship with our famous water cannons!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
greenville, SC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Affordable and fun adventure!”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We didn't book in advance and got 3 seats with no problem. No bathrooms on boat so make sure you use the bathroom indoors before boarding. Bring your camera and sit back and watch your child get into the character of being a pirate. It was so much fun watching him and the other children. The staff really get into character and make the experience a true adventure--hunting for treasure and spraying 'stinky Pete' with water cannons. We went at the beginning of August and I'm still talking this attraction up to anyone that I know headed to MB with small kids because it was so much fun!!

Visited August 2011
3 Thank moresunplease5

chattanooga, tn
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“My child really enjoyed this attraction”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My child was smiling and happy when she got on and off of this boat. She had a great time. We have done one like this before in Panama City Beach. It was a little better than this one because they had a larger ship and more interaction with the children but she still had a great time here. They could add a few inexpensive things to this cruise to make it a little more exciting. The other one had a water gun fight on board and they put tattoos on the children on board. They also played a few more games. There just isnt much space on this particular boat for a whole lot. They made the best of it with their resources. I am under the impression that this is a new attraction so I am sure it will get better as the years go by. She had fun so that is all that matters! We paid 66.00 for three of us to go on this cruise. It lasted an hour and 15 min. I used a coupon that we found in the local coupon books to save 4.00 on each ticket. The coupon was a great savings. Book in advance because it fills up quickly. There isnt much room on the boat.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank christienrandy
Teachey, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kiersten's Experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My 6yr old is crazy about pirates. While in Myrtle Beach, we stumbled across this place at the Crazy Sister Marina, Murrells Inlet. This was the best thing we could have done for her. She got her face painted & was given a vest. We brought her a sword and an eye patch. This is a very interactive activity. She helped pull the treasure chest out of the sea, got to drink "pirate grog" and helped to shoot the enemy pirate with water canons. What a blast for the entire family! Well much the money which was less expensive than Family Kingdom Park. Me and her dad enjoyed the experience as well!

Visited July 2011
4 Thank Noni2005-Mom
coastal nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent adventure for kids 4 to 8!”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Took a Pirate Adventure today with Captain Bones and Skuttle - what a fun time for the kids. My friend and I took 4 children between the ages of 5 and 8. Our 2 older kids were more skeptical about the whole thing and were able to figure out some of the tricks (they recognized Pirate Pete from earlier in the day). The younger kids were into it completely.

We arrived earlier enough to get "tattoo'd" and dressed in pirate vests for the day. When we got down to the boat, Skuttle rallied the kids to the front of the boat and the fun began. A few ground rules were laid down to keep the kids safe and we were off. Skuttle created the fun: making a lucky flag, hoisting the battle flag, finding the pirate map, fighting the bad pirate, finding the treasure at sea and then partying!

We spent 2 hours cruising around Murrells Inlet while hunting down the treasure. As a parent, I had a good time watching my kids have fun and enjoyed the scenery. The trip is just the right length for this age group.

I highly recommend this trip for younger children. This is a good price considering what everything else costs in this area.

Bathrooms are not available on ship, but nice ones are at the main check-in.

Visited June 2011