All reviews brookgreen gardens huntington beach state park room was clean myrtle beach indoor pool marsh walk two double beds breakfast was included would stay here again per night hot tub
Reviewed 29 April 2015

When we were checking in, another guest came to the desk and complained that he had been assigned a room that was already occupied. As we were being assisted by a clerk, a second clerk began assisting the other guest. We went to our room and I immediately took a shower. As I exited the bathroom...naked, the guest I previously mentioned used a key card to enter our room. The front desk had assigned him an occupied room for the second time. We went to dinner, and when we returned, neither of our key cards would work, and I had to return to the front desk to get them rekeyed. The clerk made no attempt to apologize. As is normal, I received an email from Holiday Inn asking me to review my stay. I did so, and they rejected my review, which was factual and rather benign....I complimented them on most areas of service, but did mention the intrusion incident. They claimed they rejected my review because I made specific reference to another hotel group. This is false. I in no way mentioned another hotel group. The rejection email invited me resubmit my review, which I did. It was rejected again for the same lame reason. My best guess is that the management of Murrells Inlet Holiday Inn Express just doesn't want this incident to be made public....too bad. I have been completely satisfied with my many other stays at Holiday Inn Hotels, and Murrells Inlet was fine except for the intrusion incident, and their subsequent chickenshit rejection of my review.

Room Tip: Although the wifi was free, it was not working
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank George T
hiexmgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 26 April 2015

The biggest impression made on me was by the incredibly friendly staff. The room was fine, as were the other amenities. No real complaints. But the staff was so nice and accommodating. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast ladies were sweethearts! We would have loved to be oceanfront but we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ahooper84
hiexmgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Reviewed 14 April 2015

I stayed here only because all of the good lodgings like "Camelot by the sea" and a few others were all full. I stayed here about 11 years ago for the same reason. Not much has changed. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean, toiletries were provided, the breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was great. I think her name was Dianna and she is the only reason I am rating this stay as high as I did. She was continually wiping down the area, cleaning, and making sure everything was stocked. Back to the lodging itself. THE POOL IS NOT HEATED, THE HOT TUB IN MY ROOM TOOK ABOUT 8 MINUTES TO PRIME ITSELF AND FINALLY START WORKING, MY ROOM WAS 101 AND IS LOCATED ACROSS FROM A STAR WELL DOOR AND BESIDE AN OUTSIDE DOOR -- -- MEANING -- -- NOISE ALL NIGHT. (POORLY DESIGNED). MOST IMPORTANT, THIS IS NOT AN OCEAN FRONT PROPERTY BUT THE PRICE REFLECTS THAT OF AN OCEAN FRONT LODGING. And speaking of the price, people need to stop and consider for a moment how the persons who clean the rooms likely earn minimum wage. However, if they earned a bit more, lets say $8.00 per hour, that would be an entire $2.00 for 15 minutes (if that long) to clean the room. I have known of some places having fired staff persons who fail to clean at least 3 rooms per hour. With that in mind, this is a very over priced lodging that once again is not ocean front and has a cold swimming pool. I encourage persons to only use this lodging as a last resort.

Room Tip: Pool is not heated and this is NOT an ocean front lodging but it was just as expensive as some ocean front locations.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred T
hiexmgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your recent comments. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you received poor housekeeping service and amenities which were less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Again, we appreciate your honest feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

The carpet was stained and the room was very dated.......however the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. We paid 89.00 in beginning of Feb. ......I think we could have done better. I would not book here again. It really needs cleaned up and updated.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank joyfuldog
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Dear joyfuldog,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you liked the comfortable beds and good breakfast option. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. Rest assured that your feedback about the stained carpet and dated rooms will be forwarded to the hotel management for consideration of future upgrades. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 January 2015

Hotel was clean, staff was nice especially the breakfast lady. The beds were extremely comfortable! We had to complain about a dog barking, and doors slamming all night. Once it even shook the mirror in the bathroom. We didn't say anything until we were checking out, they were so nice, and offered to discount the room for us! We got home and realized they had charged us the new rate and not refunded the old one. I called and spoke with Kevin who explained it would be a few days but call him back if not fixed on our account by Friday. It was credited the next day ; ) In summary as for the hotel everything was nice and clean. My complaints were out of the hotels control. And they fixed everything to our satisfaction, so I would definitely recommend staying with them. Just know their location is not very close to the beach, which was fine with us during this trip.

Room Tip: choose window over parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank baileyjamesd2
hiexmgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, which are very much appreciated. It is wonderful to know that our clean room and amenities exceeded your expectations. However, we are very sorry to read that you did not find your stay as pleasant as you would have hoped due to the issues with the thermostat and other aspects of staff service. Please be assured that these matters will be reviewed by the appropriate department to rectify. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express in Murrells Inlet.

Respectfully,