“Good fresh pizza”

Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint
Ranked #122 of 347 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Out of the way good pizza with out the huge wait. Lots of rest ingredients, some combos or build your own. Gluten free dough available. We had the white dough not quite thin but not thick good flavor as was the traditional sauce. Will explore the jerk chicken when we return

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Pizza was good but just average- Nothing spectacular. It reminded me a lot of a Cici's (just not buffet- they make it when you arrive) but you walk in and order just like a cici's and the vibe comes off a lot like a cici's.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This is a HUGE warning to anyone going to Maddio's because they have Celiacs and want to get the Gluten Free Pizza. I tried very hard to give them a chance because my 13 year old daughter who has Celiac's loved the GF pizza. After the 3rd time and having to oversee the staff's every move tonsure the pizza was done correctly, with the correct GF procedure in place, I can no longer let her eat there! The staff is very young and I am certain no educated about the seriousness of Celiac's disease. They have a separate GF area to prepare the pizza's with it's own toppings and everything! They even have GF tongs and pizza oven utensils in a special spot for the GF pizza's. Perfect set up, right? Well I have watched the staff through all sorts of non GF items on the counter of the GF area and 2 times they have removed my daughters pizza and cut it with the regular pizza utensils, right after they had pulled out and cut non GF pizzas! I have spoke with the staff at each of my visits about the importance of GF and they are unresponsive. The scary part is that most people who are seated waiting for the staff to bring them their pizza or who call in their orders, would never see any of this happen. I am just happened to be there the first time and see it all happen right in front of me, so the two times since I have payed very close attention. I gave them 3 chances to be good, to do right by offering GF, no such luck. So again I warn anyone with a true Gluten allergy....DO NOT EAT AT MADDIO'S, YOU WILL BE CONTAMINATED SEVERELY!!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We used a Groupon from here and glade we did. Food was fresh, prepared in front of you. They have gluten free products which mean they care about those customers. It was a nice evening there after a long day of tours.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

A newish pizza joint in Mt. P. This place is kind of a cross between a subway and a regular pizza shop. You can order your pizza, salad, or foldwich, from the menu or you can create your own. Creating your own is where the subway comes in. They move the dough down the line and you point to what you want on the pizza. The service gets a bit hectic after that as they had a little difficulty bringing that stuff out (we had several visits to our table with employees with lost pizzas).

The ingredients were fresh and I saw the owner decline a pizza, so quality seems relatively important. We got an individual pizza, a medium, and a salad. All three were good. The crust is relatively thin and a bit more crisp than I would like but they didn't spare anything on the ingredients. A personal pizza is $8 or so, and I think maybe we could have gotten two of those for the three of us and done very well.

Overall, I would give this place a thumbs up. It's a little different, and different in this regard is good.