All reviewsdog parknice campgroundnature trailporch swingcamping cabincatch and releasefifth wheelhorseshoe pitsboat rentalshuge lakepull thru sitespolice carsrv sitesgarbage pickuptravel trailerfire ringchick fil
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and i spent 6 nights camping in our motorhome here in early April. The sites are large and the grounds are kept quite nice. We were there during spring break so there were lots of children during the day but it was always quite at night. Nice place to stay while visiting the area attractions.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah004
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a Lakeside Deluxe Cabin. We enjoyed all the great historical sights, beaches, and excellent dinning experiences of the Charleston-Mount Pleasant area and returned to relax in our cabin with all the comforts of home. We ended the day watching the sunset around the brick fire feature. The ladies in the office made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. Our only complaint was when we were told at the last minute that the tour to the Oakland Plantation was cancelled due to rain earlier in the day. We had stayed an extra day just to go to see the plantation. We were told the wagon would leave tracks. It was disappointing especially since no one else’s vehicles were leaving tracks anywhere else in the campground.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lkline8385
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Very helpful staff, nice campers, good location, wonderful tour of the plantation house and land in a hayride type of travel, playground, pool, lake, dog park, caboose cabin looked interesting, clean restrooms and showers, laundry available

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed here with boys. Campsite was fine. Did have a little problem with bugs, but such is camping life.

One thing I did like was the common room kitchen, made breakfast cooking and cleanup a snap.

According to website, pool was supposed to be open, but it wasn't.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I just got home from an eight night stay. The staff were amazingly friendly, the grounds very well kept, and the amenities plenty. I pull a 39' fifth wheel and the park is very easy to get to and navigate even with large rigs. Everything is well marked so learning your way around is a snap.

I was lucky to get a lakeside lot, and I used it every day. Lots of bass, bream, and carp to be caught (all is catch and release). The nature trail is very well maintained, clean, wide, and safe. I walked it every morning and saw all walks of wildlife.

Some of the inner lots were fairly close to neighbors, so choose wisely is reserving a space. Bring plenty of bug spray - the gnats and no-see-ums were thick even for February. I can't imagine how bad mosquito season would be.

Wal-Mart, Publix, Lowe's and a number of restaurants are within two miles of the entrance.

The downsides - the cable tv was not very good. The picture was fuzzy ( confirmed with other campers), and channel selection limited. Off air HD signal was very limited as well. The campground has a number of wi-fi towers, and signal to the wifi was very strong, but the service itself was very slow and sketchy. I was workamping and wound up using a personal hotspot because the host service was poor at best and non-existent most of the time.

I really enjoyed my stay and will certainly be back. Yes, it's a touch pricey, but the grounds and the location make it worth the price.

Room Tip: Lot 13 is awesome
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo