All reviews courtyard marriott fire pit nicest courtyard standard courtyard front desk isle of palms beautiful lobby beautiful hotel spent two nights hot tub lobby area very clean hotel third floor upon check minute drive nice stay bed was comfortable
Reviewed 10 August 2016

This was a great find. When you walk inside the hotel, you would never know you are in a Courtyard. It feels relatively upscale and like a much higher end property. My room was large and furnished as comfortably as many hotels for which I have paid much more per night. Coupled with free parking and free internet, this is a great choice. The downside is that it is pretty far outside of downtown and quite a few miles from the historical section of Charleston. It is on the other side of the Cooper River (heading north in the direction of Myrtle Beach). Because the hotel is near the intersection of two large highways, though, downtown isn't difficult (apart from traffic). The surrounding area consists largely of relatively new outdoor/big box shopping centers, along with mid-tier and fast food restaurants – so not much to look at and not great for evening strolls. If your main interest is the hotel itself though, I found this to be a great choice and definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Wedgewood
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

So to start let me be clear, I did NOT actually stay here.
However I went there without a reservation and found the daytime front desk staff to be less than helpful.
As of August 1, 2016 I have about 45+ nights stayed in Marriott this year. For the past decade I average one night in Marriott every 10 days. That is easy to see via my rewards number. In case you are not good at math that is a lot.

I had tried to use the Marriott app but had phone issues so I drove there and showed the front desk person the app rate for me was 198 per night. She kept quoting me 289. I told her that I would just go to another hotel if she wouldn't honor the app rate...as you might guess, she said she would not. I then left and found a comparable hotel at a far better rate.
I am loyal to Marriott for a reason, so that when I need personalized service it will be available. This property didn't get it.
I don't want to give a 1-5 rating because it wouldn't be fair since I didn't stay and I only communicated with one employee. But this app insists so I will give it a 3 rating (middle of the road).

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank JABaseball
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Good Day, I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced at Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant. It is the responsibility of our entire staff to create a welcoming environment for travelers and it sounds as if we were unable uphold those basic standards when you visited us. I hope that you will accept my most sincere apology. I hope that you will contact me directly if you need further assistance in our area and I will be happy to make reservations for you. Most kind regards, Ashley

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We have stayed here a few times before and they are just at the end of a refurbishing project. The new bistro is a great improvement over the small breakfast restaurant. It is an airy and pleasant space to sit at in the morning. Food was good, served hot and with excellent service. Love the morning ladies. The rooms have new wallpaper and bedding. Our bed was so comfortable. Had a great sleep the three night there. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We stayed here overnight with our three children and overall it's a nice hotel in a great location. We had a room with two queen beds. Here are a few things to consider if you are travelling with children:

The room only has one pint sized trash can in the bathroom. I always like to see at least two when I'm travelling with kids since they seem to produce trash by the gallon.

The room does have a mirror with a plug beside it outside of the bathroom (great for blow drying your hair without letting the steam from the shower ruin it.) However, there is no other separation; the shower, toilet and sink is all in the same room.

It does have a mini-fridge in the room....an absolute must if you're travelling with kids!

There is no complimentary breakfast; you do have the option of purchasing it and picking it up downstairs if you want, but our menu had no prices...always a bad sign.

The hotel is in a great location. If you turn left, there is a major shopping center within 5 minutes that has all kinds of eating places from IHOP to Chick-fil-a to PF Changs. You'll also find a drugstore for the items you forgot because your two-year-old insisted on "helping" you pack. If you turn right, the interstate is right there, so you won't be stuck in traffic long before getting on your way. Also, the Isle of Palms beach is less than 15 minutes away and families love that because of its long flat beach (very kid friendly) and the close and affordable parking ($1.50 per hour).

Overall, we had a nice stay. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the room was quiet, the pool was fun and everything seemed to be clean. For the Charleston surrounding area, the prices were good. We would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank mumerk
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We came here on a chance after cancelling our reservations with La Quinta on the Ashley River and boy are we glad we did.

First, the hotel was less expensive and twice the place. The rooms were nicely decorated with very comfortable beds and a spacious bathrooms with all the little toiletries. All rooms have fridges and microwaves. They even have rooms with balconies if you book in advance. They had a bar area as well as a small restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. The pool area was nice but in need of a little repair and paint around the spa area. They have a cart with pool towels so that you don't have to use your room towel. They even have an outdoor fire pit that they light at night!

Overall for our first time at Courtyard Marriott, it was a excellent experience and we will definitely be back!

I hope you find this helpful! If you do, please let me know!
Thanks for reading!

Room Tip: Book in advance for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elliott R
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Good Morning,

Your review was indeed very helpful, and I'm so glad that you took time to write to us regarding you visit. I'm happy to understand that you will be back on your next trip to our area. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything during your next stay.
Kindest Regards, Ashley