All reviews granola bars prepackaged muffins room was clean front desk whole foods sullivan's island clean place to stay isle of palms small kitchen stove top fishing pier fantastic location minute drive full kitchen safe area waterfront park across the river
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

If I could rate Zero I would;no option. The bathroom was not cleaned, had an odor, sink clogged, attempted to get issue addressed no front attendant available. The next morning when checking out I mentioned my unpleasant stay to the manager Joy. She denied that there was a odor. So I contacted corporate. I received a call from Joy, apologying for my inconvenience, and she stated the unpleasant odor was from the clogged sink, and I was not going to receive any reinstatement of my extended stay America Be my guest voucher. I find this appauling!!! I did not have a good night stay, and it would been good Customer Service to reinstatement voucher, but Joy took the low road, playing top this! Calling me and thanking me for my stay, writing me, and stating she will be addressing the team for the house keeping issue. Unbelievable! Joy you could definitely use Coaching; on how to maintain good Customer's! I promise I will NEVER come back to Sullivan's island Extended Stay America. I could have used my voucher, and had a nice shower after a day at the beach!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Jackie, it was disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we definitely failed in this attempt. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a more wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. We hope you will consider a return visit as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Between the dark hallways, the musky smell, and the possessed elevator, this place could scare Halloween. The hotel is very outdated. No stationary was provided to jot down notes. Our sheets had something black smudged on them. The TV remote had something sticky on it. The toilet was woefully underpowered. The shower curtain was on an arched rod, but there was no way to secure it closed. The bed and pillows were not particularly comfortable. Their "Free Grab-N-Go Breakfast" vanished between 9 and 10Am, so no coffee for late risers. The only thing this place has going for it is location.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Daniel, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a more wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. We hope you will afford us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Most staffs looked tired, stressful and not welcoming. No room service for 3 nights. Room is noisy and waking you up whenever someone closed next rooms door. Have a great time in Charleston but this is a real minus of the trip.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Viet, we are sorry you and your family were inconvenienced by the noise from the guests next door. We wish we had the opportunity to address the issue while you were here as we would have done our best to ensure you were comfortable. Your feedback has been discussed with our staff to improve our service and facilities moving forward. We hope we have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Poor service, poor plumbing. Asked for kitchen item to be brought to "our suite". Sure thing! Never arrived. Toilet broke the next morning. We were told the plumber would not be in until Monday. Leaving us just hours before a wedding. Never bothered to even try and compensate us for our troubles.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank Patty H
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered with your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

The location was decent for the price but that's about it.

My boyfriend and I got to the hotel at about 6:30pm. We were hungry and eager to check out some local breweries so we ordered an Uber while in the elevator, dropped our stuff off in the room, and left. My point is that we were in our room maybe 30 seconds before heading out for the night. This is important because when we got back at 10pm, we sat on the bed and it was DRENCHED. My boyfriend said it smelled like cleaner or detergent from the wash but whatever it was, it smelled like urine.

So my boyfriend heads downstairs to simply ask for a new room with a dry bed. He comes up ten minutes later and tells me that the guy at the front desk, Eric, called us liars and that we had been in the room for 4 hours and spilled something on the bed.
We were able to get a new room but they put us in the room that had trash outside of the door. When we first got to the hotel, the trash had been there, causing the entire hallway to smell terrible. Housekeeping had let it sit there for 4 hours. So my boyfriend ended up having to move it to the stairwell. I also want to add that while we were moving rooms, so was another couple. I can imagine they were having issues with their room as well.

Upon checking out, we were asking if everything was fine "besides our 'little' incident". Loved getting patronized along with being called liars. I've stayed at an Extended Stay 4 times in the last two months and it has been great but we have decided to never stay at ES Mt. Pleasant ever again. My advice is to just pay attention to all the negative remarks about the terrible staff!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaitlin S
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Kaitlin, thank you for being loyal towards our brand. We are extremely concerned to read your comments and apologize that one of our associates was rude to you. Our staff genuinely cares about providing an enjoyable stay to all of our guests, so this incident is not a reflection of our usual service standards. We also apologize for the cleanliness issues you had and the inconvenience it caused. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping team to ensure such mistakes are not repeated. Please consider a second visit so that we can make it up to you and provide you both a better stay.