“Tasty Fried & Broiled Seafood, Superb Service - No A.D.A. Wheelchair/Van Accessible Parking”
Review of Water's Edge

Water's Edge
Reserve with OpenTable
Water's Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 371 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coleman Boulevard
Description: Water's Edge is located on scenic Shem Creek, bringing "Downtown Dining" to the Mount Pleasant area. Just minutes from historic Downtown Charleston, Water's Edge offers both waterfront and outdoor dining where guests can view the local fish and shrimp boats unloading their daily catches.
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the Fried & Broiled Seafood here so well as did my 9 friends who were with me, but won't be back. It's too much of a hassle. A VERY big THANK YOU to Jimmy, one of the managers for moving his truck so I could park & have space to let my ramp out & roll down in my wheelchair. When I got ready to leave I had to call again because someone created their own parking in the road blocking my ramp for me to get in. Jimmy apologized again, thanked me for calling & dinning with them & backed my van up enough to allow me access to my ramp. When I first arrived I drove around several times & there was only regular Accessible Parking up front with no access lines as required by the Americans with disAbilities Act (ADA). It was also sandy so a car was actually parked in half of the next space taking away the opportunity for someone not needing the access lines to park there as well. The wheelchair ramp into the restaurant is long but not steep & has a rest before the second length. GLAD I brought my Power Chair. The bathroom is Wheelchair Accessible & the waitress took me around to a Side door so I could sit with my friends where we could see the water. Another waitress noticed chairs were lined up near the entrance to the bathroom door although I could get in & she quickly volunteered to move them without me even mentioning it. Often I visit restaurants with several more of my friends in wheelchairs & we all drive and need the access space. This would be out of question. Unfortunately, I won't be back unless van accessible parking is added.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We took our small kids here for lunch. The waitress was very nice and we were able to sit on the water to look at the boats, kayaks, paddle boarding etc. The waitress even took the time to point out where the porpoises like to hang out. Food was very good. I got the broiled seafood platter and my husband got the fried seafood platter; both were excellent. They did have a children's menu available and the kids ate from there. Very good experience. Price wasn't bad seeing what all we got.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We ate here, anticipating a pleasant view over the water and a good meal. The meal was beautifully prepared and presented. However, the almond crusted fish was dry, perhaps over-cooked. The rolls were burnt on the outside and had the consistency of cardboard on the inside. Soup or salad or drink were not included.

Instead of a pleasant view, the restaurant overlooked a muddy creek. No sign of wildlife. Across the creek, perhaps a 100 feet away, was an unpleasant view of a bar.

The service was good until we were given the check. I put out my credit card, and no one came to retrieve it. Finally after a 15-minute wait, I had to intercept the hostess to get someone to take the card.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Chowed down on the seafood platter after being on the beach all day, and it was good. Food is a little pricey for a basic menu but is do-able. At first this place catches you off guard, white table clothes, wine glasses and table that is set...don't be fooled every walk of life dines here. My friend was wanting to leave but I told her not to, so she kinda eased up once we were placed with a view of the harbor and others like us joined lol. We were not dressed like our table next to us at all but they didn't seemed bothered. The only complaint I have is the key lime pie was awful, tasted like pure salt. I won't be getting that again but it isn't going to stop me from going back.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I got the broiled seafood platter.Sorriest meal since I have been in Charleston.No one from management came buy to help, did not help on the check. Will Not be back.