“The Previous Place Was Better”
Review of Saigon Moon - CLOSED

Saigon Moon
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We Liked Tai Wasabi. This place was really disappointing. My wife is a vegetarian and could find little to eat.

Date of visit: August 2013

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This place is fantastic if you like authentic Southeastern food. The fried spring rolls are so good with the dipping sauce. If you order the noodle bowl you have a choice of large or small. Be advised the small bowl at $8.95 is anything but small. If you like spicy and request Saigon hot be prepared for your nose to run, eyes to water and head to sweat. The beverage selection is very good and includes two Thai Lager beers. Our waitress was so cute with personality plus. She can explain everything on the menu quite well. I ordered the noodles with tripe and she asked me if I knew what tripe was. I told her I did and had eaten it since I was a child. She said she just wanted to be sure so that when I saw it I would not be turned off. The tripe was actually cooked perfectly. If I lived closer to Saigon Moon, I would be there at least once a week.

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I would definitely recommend, it's very authentic, although I'm not sure it will sure it will survive in this meat and potatoes town. To say it bluntly, people here just aren't very open to ethnic food.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I absolutely love this place! Hole in the wall, hidden gem! We go at least once a week and I get the Pho every time. The crunchy shrimp rolls are a yummy appetizer also. Very friendly staff and walked me through my first Pho experience..

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Went several miles out of my way for lunch today just so I could visit Saigon Moon. The great reviews here made me decide to give it a try. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the food part.

Walked in, had a seat, looked around at the four other tables that were occupied. No one was eating. This was around 12:45PM and I would think they would be pretty busy. Noticed that it was VERY warm inside, as if the AC was not working well and wasn't being properly utilized. After about 5 minutes of looking around the dining room empty of any staff, a young lady with a Saigon Moon shirt on brought over a menu and dropped in on the table without making eye contact or saying a word. So...I'm thinking right now that there have been enough red flags, so I should probably just leave. Wanting to give the place a shot and try the Pho everyone says is so good, I decided to stick around. After 20 more minutes and no sign of the server or the sounds or smell of any activity, I decided to call it quits and head on down the road seeking good food with better service.

Don't think I'll be back unless I hear that they have repaired their HVAC and hired more wait staff.

Date of visit: July 2013