“Authentic”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Latta
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Casual, self serve buffet in a log cabin located on a pondOperating hours are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Lunch Buffet: 11:30-2:30Dinner Buffet: 4:30-9:00Cash or Checks only - No debit or credit cards please.
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

As chain restaurants sanitize many types of cuisine, Shulers provides an authentic Carolina BBQ experience. The meats are tasty and the sides remind me of things I had church carry-on dinners. I can ALMOST understand why some people like fried okra (almost!)

This is a buffet, but the wait staff is still attentive, filling drinks and clearing plates. The rustic dining room is clean and comfortable.

Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank for visiting with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

It was date night for my wife and I so we decided to get our BBQ fix at Shuler's. We have eaten here many times and the food was great as expected. We arrived about 6pm and beat the crowd. There are lots of delicious veggies to choose from, all delicious. For meat there was BBQ ribs, chicken, and pulled pork. Also there was fried chicken which is excellent!! The several dessert choices included fresh banana pudding. Your drink is included in the buffet price. Service is excellent!!!

Thank you for choosing Shuler's BBQ for your date night!
It is a wise man who strives to keep his wife happy and there is no better way than to take her to Shuler's!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for the second year in a row and it was just as good as the first time!!

Our party of five all got the all you can eat buffet and everything was delicious.

We received great service to make sure our drinks were always full and plates always cleared.

We stopped in the gift shop and bakery on the way out and loved the oatmeal raisin cookies we picked up.

We will be back!!

1  Thank Ralph S

Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon! We always try to impress on our servers that they are part of your total dining experience!
Glad you enjoyed your visit with us!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We are on our way to Myrtle Beach & just happened to pass Shuler's. My husband recalled seeing it on a tv show so we decided to give it a try. And oh my! We are so glad we did!

I am a picky eater & will always take quality over quantity, but we found great quality & quantity for a great price! The food was fresh and delicious!

One of the best restaurants we have come across in our travels across the U.S.

If you like good down home flavorful food, this is the place for you. We will definitely go back if we are anywhere in the vicinity.

1  Thank Kimmerd3

Thank you so much! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I found this on a list of great barbecue places in South Carolina so it was my first stop. I went for the ribs but tried a number of dishes. This was a good thing because at 8:30 pm the ribs I had had no real smoke flavor and fell off the bone instead of having a little resistance. The corn while sweat suffered from being on the steam table too long. I was pleasantly surprised by how tasty the chicken was. The pulled pork seemed to have an odd texture and maybe that because it was late. It was just okay. The rice dish I tried was tasty and the liver puree (not sure if that is the right term) was unusual but might be liked by liver lovers. I prefer mine chilled in a pate or mousse format. Th e cole slaw was also tasty.

Would I return again. No, but my bar is set high. For a cafeteria type experience it ranks at least average depending on what you pick to eat.

1  Thank Bill S

Been to Shulers Barbecue? Share your experiences!