“Don't use a Debit Card!”
Review of Shulers Barbecue

Shulers Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Latta
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Casual, self serve buffet in a log cabin located on a pondOperating hours are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Lunch Buffet: 11:30-2:30Dinner Buffet: 4:30-9:00Cash or Checks only - No debit or credit cards please.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

On Friday, August 4, my wife, granddaughter and self decided to drive about 45 miles to try Shuler's Barbeque. Fortunately, we arrived early enough to beat the dinner crowd.

As we entered, our granddaughter decided that she did now want to eat, but rather just have a glass of tea. We relayed this to the cashier as we paid in advance with my DEBIT card.

I unfortunately did not pay attention to the amount on our ticket.

As we were finishing, I glanced at the ticket and saw a $13 plié charge for our granddaughter. Our waitress accompanied me to the cashier to let her know that we should not have been charged for that.

The cashier had difficulty taking the amount off the ticket with her computerized cash register, so I just said for them to keep the difference as a tip, and we left. The check for the two of us was $42.38.

The following Tuesday, August 8, I checked my online bank statement to discover,and additional charge placed on my DEVIT card of $9.92 by Shuler's.

So $52.30 for dinner for 2 senior citizens, and we did not even return for seconds

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Very good vinegar based BBQ. Everything was good and fresh. They kept the buffet stocked with fresh food. I am a trucker and have passed by the restaurant numinous times, it is always packed including the time I stopped. I can see way it is packed. They have a dessert bar that is included too. There is also a gift shop. I rate this a 5+.

1  Thank Shirley C
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you. We are glad you stopped. Please keep it safe. We thank you for the job you do.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Shuler's offers the buffet style home style cooking offered in many SC bbq restaurants and they do it well. Plenty of parking under a ginormous American flag (maybe 50x80 feet?) The line was short when we visited so we got through it and seated quickly. The bbq itself was very good. They offered pulled pork in both a spicy and a mild form as well as ribs. That said, I wouldn't call either one championship level bbq, but I don't think that's the point of a place like Shuler's. The service was great keeping the sweet tea flowing and used plates cleared. It's not far off I-95. There is a little general store through which you are funneled after exiting the restaurant. You might consider skipping the banana and pistachio puddings and fruit cobblers on the buffet and grab a pecan pie in the store instead.

1  Thank mtc87
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I tried a bite of everything from the buffet. Squash casserole, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, shredded pork BBQ. Each bite was on point with perfect flavor. The entire experience was perfection. We met owners, Lynn and Norton and felt like I had just had a visit with family. This place was a real treat!

1  Thank Deborah C
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on our way home to Baltimore from Disney. Food was fantastic! Pork BBQ was probably the best I've ever had. Sweet tea tasted just like my mom used to make it. Chicken and dumplings and banana pudding were so yummy! And was most impressed by the gigantic American Flag out front-love the patriotism!

1  Thank Dawn M
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you. Please come again

Been to Shulers Barbecue? Share your experiences!