“Don't use a Debit Card!”
Review of Shulers Barbecue

Shulers Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Latta
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Casual, self serve buffet in a log cabin located on a pondOperating hours are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Lunch Buffet: 11:30-2:30Dinner Buffet: 4:30-9:00Cash or Checks only - No debit or credit cards please.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

On Friday, August 4, my wife, granddaughter and self decided to drive about 45 miles to try Shuler's Barbeque. Fortunately, we arrived early enough to beat the dinner crowd.

As we entered, our granddaughter decided that she did now want to eat, but rather just have a glass of tea. We relayed this to the cashier as we paid in advance with my DEBIT card.

I unfortunately did not pay attention to the amount on our ticket.

As we were finishing, I glanced at the ticket and saw a $13 plié charge for our granddaughter. Our waitress accompanied me to the cashier to let her know that we should not have been charged for that.

The cashier had difficulty taking the amount off the ticket with her computerized cash register, so I just said for them to keep the difference as a tip, and we left. The check for the two of us was $42.38.

The following Tuesday, August 8, I checked my online bank statement to discover,and additional charge placed on my DEVIT card of $9.92 by Shuler's.

So $52.30 for dinner for 2 senior citizens, and we did not even return for seconds

3  Thank Beacham M

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Very good vinegar based BBQ. Everything was good and fresh. They kept the buffet stocked with fresh food. I am a trucker and have passed by the restaurant numinous times, it is always packed including the time I stopped. I can see way it is packed. They have a dessert bar that is included too. There is also a gift shop. I rate this a 5+.

1  Thank Shirley C
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you. We are glad you stopped. Please keep it safe. We thank you for the job you do.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I tried a bite of everything from the buffet. Squash casserole, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, shredded pork BBQ. Each bite was on point with perfect flavor. The entire experience was perfection. We met owners, Lynn and Norton and felt like I had just had a visit with family. This place was a real treat!

1  Thank Deborah C
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on our way home to Baltimore from Disney. Food was fantastic! Pork BBQ was probably the best I've ever had. Sweet tea tasted just like my mom used to make it. Chicken and dumplings and banana pudding were so yummy! And was most impressed by the gigantic American Flag out front-love the patriotism!

1  Thank Dawn M
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you. Please come again

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Buffet style BBQ place , if you prefer vinegar based BBQ then you will like this place . Chicken, ribs, BBQ, butter beans , green beans, corn , chicken bog, etc Dessert bar with several items. However the highlight is definitely the silver dollar biscuits but they kept running out, wait for them, worth it. After dinner go to the store and bakery next door. A lot of unique home made items. The deck runs along side the creek so save some cornbread to feed the over abundant turtles. We did watch a snake lazily crew the creek. I prefer the southern sweet BBQ but I will go back for the biscuits and bakery.

Norton H, Manager at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

We are glad you enjoyed the biscuits. They are hand cut. Please ask the server for Mama's sauce. It is a sweet BBQ sauce. May be more to your liking.

Been to Shulers Barbecue? Share your experiences!