“Best Kept Secert”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Latta
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Casual, self serve buffet in a log cabin located on a pondOperating hours are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Lunch Buffet: 11:30-2:30Dinner Buffet: 4:30-9:00Cash or Checks only - No debit or credit cards please.
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Loved the food love the store next door. Food was fresh service was wonderful and great. The atmosphere was pleasant and cool. The outside deck was a peaceful and wonderful.

1  Thank Pastor P
Norton H, General Manager at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you. Please come visit again.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Starving on the way home from the beach...nothing but fast food (if anything) for miles...spotted Shuler's along the way and quickly U-turned to go back. Very glad we did! A fine Southern-style buffet with a broad assortment of vegetables to accompany your fill of barbecue and/or fried chicken. The only problem was the size of the plate! I was impressed with the selection of veggies--green beans, limas, collard greens, REAL mashed potatoes, roasted corn on the cob, okra, sweet potato casserole, coleslaw, and my personal favorite--rutabagas! The barbecue was just perfect and prepared just right. I know some folks are purists when it comes to barbecue preferring one style over another, but I like them all and enjoy each when I am in that area. The fried chicken was hot and not greasy. Don't miss the country-style cornbread. Then comes dessert--I dare you to choose just one...no self-respecting barbecue restaurant in the South doesn't have banana pudding and Shuler's is no exception but you might also like to try the strawberry shortcake or peach cobbler or apple crumble or chocolate cake or any of the other fine selections. These folks apparently take pride in their restaurant and it shows. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank ehamblinjr
Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you. We look forward to visiting with you on your next visit. We are working on some new items and a couple of new table sauces.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by on Saturday, June 17th. As it was the last two visits the food was pretty good. The problem is that I have to check my fried corn to see if it is pepper or NATS on my corn. I complained the last two times in the restaurant. Nothing has been done about the problem. They got so bad around the ice cream machine they stopped serving the ice cream. So, now with one side of the machine broken and the nats not handled their still not serving ice cream. Please do something about the bugs. We don't picnic because of the bugs. We surely should not have to put up with them in your restaurant.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We went an hour out of our way to check out this restaurant. It was 3:30 in the afternoon when we arrived, and it was virtually empty. Only after we arrived did we find out that they only served their famous BBQ at dinner, which starts at 4:00. No mention of that on their website. The buffet had a large variety of vegetables and other side dishes, but looked tired. They did have pulled pork and excellent fried chicken. The biscuits that people raved about years ago were a big disappointment. I understand the recipe has changed.

1  Thank Marabella2014
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The food was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was nice as well. I would recommend this to others. Did not have to wait.

1  Thank Katherine W

Been to Shulers Barbecue? Share your experiences!