All reviews the cottages the blue ridge mountains rose petals east room romantic getaway our honeymoon red horse hot tub amazing weekend private deck get away from it all gas fireplace beautiful property peace and quiet b and b wedding night walking trails
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We just stayed at The Red Horse Inn last week and DID NOT want to leave! The property is magical... when you drive up to the quiet and serene entrance, you immediately see the Inn's red sign and a lily pad pond off to your left. Then the drive continues up for a few minutes, covered in white pebble stones surrounding a vast, somewhat dense, forest. So pretty! The owners, Christian and Chelsea, were great hosts and so accommodating. My husband and I stayed in the Stable Cottage which, for us, was perfect. We love horses and enjoyed waking up to Christian and Chelsea's 2 horses, Dublin and Secret, greeting us in the morning as we sat outside sipping our coffee on the porch chairs. Our room was complete with a kitchenette that included a Keurig, microwave, and mini-fridge that stocked our breakfasts and snacks (yogurt, watermelon, cantaloupe, orange juice, several kinds of muffins, plenty of butter, cream for our coffees, peaches sprinkled with cinnamon, granola bars, and my favorite candy: Peppermint Patties). Another great touch: a note welcoming us to the Inn as well as a Love Poem and rose petals). Most of the beds at the Inn are canopies and ours was also adorned with sheer white drapery that made the room look so pretty!

If you're not staying at the stables, you're in for a treat though! There are separate cottages throughout the property included rooms inside the main building. A sophisticated country-like decor roams throughout the rooms with a warm and inviting feel that makes you wish you were never leaving. I literally wanted to stay in EVERY ROOM (including the cottages with hot tubs). Also, every cottage or room on the property overlooks the pristine view of the Blue Ridge Mountains! It's especially beautiful at sunset when you sit out on the newly built terrace lined with fire pits. Don't forget! There's also a Wine Bar in the main building with some of the most fantastic-tasting wine I've had in a long time... since we lived near Napa Valley!

If you're looking for a peaceful and romantic getaway, The Red Horse Inn has you covered! My husband and I are already planning our trip back to the Inn for our 10 year wedding anniversary at the end of November. Such a great place to honeymoon, rekindle romance, or let your love continue on into the sunset!

Go book your stay NOW!

Room tip: There are both intimate/private cottages and rooms inside the Inn's main house.
1  Thank JenniferM3582
Christian W, Owner at The Red Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We spent our anniversary weekend in the Stable cottage with our furbaby. Loved the quiet country and having our hooved friends downstairs. The owners could not have been more helpful and friendly. The staff even made an appointment at the vet when we had an unexpected problem with our dog.

2  Thank Sharon S
TheRedHorseInn, Owner at The Red Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you so much for the review! I'm glad that enjoyed your trip and your pup is feeling better.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here over 10 years ago and being here this weekend brought back good memories. I can’t say enough about this Inn! The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and decorated tastefully. The grounds are immaculate and the sunset was unbelievable. Christian made sure every thing was taken care of: a birthday surprise, the self serve breakfast, an extensive wine selection and a variety of cheeses.
Only an hour from where we live so I am sure we will be back and hope it isn’t another 10 years!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 569sandie
TheRedHorseInn, Owner at The Red Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for the review Sani! I hope it won't be another 10 years either!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed in B and B’s before but the Red Horse Inn really made an impression. We stayed in the Gable Room and you are not going to find a place with a more magnificent view. Christian was very attentive to us and made us feel like family and that he wanted to share this wonderful place with us. My wife and I feel like we have found a treasure and will definitely plan to return!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank clemsonarcher
TheRedHorseInn, Owner at The Red Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Welcome to a quiet relaxing getaway in the foothills of smokies! Christian welcomes you to the unique, tranquil Inn that has awesome views of the neighboring hills! My wife and I rented one of the cottages and loved the decor, comfy beds and isolation from nearly everybody and everything! Day trips to the mountains, bridges and neighboring villages made for a fun weekend! We recommend a stay at the Red Horse Inn!

Room tip: Check on availability of the cottages!
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank tedaustad
TheRedHorseInn, Owner at The Red Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for the glowing review! I look forward to your next visit!