“Location hides the quality of this restaurant”
Review of Long Island Cafe

Long Island Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We serve the freshest seafood 7 days a week. Opened in 1986, locally owned and operated. lunch and dinner, Sunday brunch
Reviewed 1 April 2017

When we found this place I had trouble getting my wife to go in but now she would be glad to go back. The ambiance is lacking but the food is very good with Seafood being the main attraction. I had soft shell crab and it was excellent my wife a shrimp and scallop plate. The peanut butter ice cream pie was a knock out.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Delicious and delectable. That pretty much sums up my experience at the Long Island Cafe. I wouldn't expect less from a chef who has cooked for the Queen of England. I wouldn't expect it to be located in a strip mall next to a grocery store, but it sure is nice to have it on island. With all the "fine dining" options "South of Broad" it's refreshing to find one out near the beach. Long Island Cafe is definitely worth a visit. Be sure to make reservations because this place is hopping.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We visit IOP once or twice a year typically and NEVER miss a dinner or two at the Long Island Cafe. Once again, although we tried other seafood restaurants, we wondered why.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Excellent food (mostly seafood) in a storefront location in a small shopping center. The fried shrimp was outstanding, as was the New England clam chowder and the crab-stuffed shrimp. The she-crab soup, while good, was not the best I've ever had. The service was attentive and friendly, and the only problem with this restaurant is that the tables are too close together. If you go for dinner on a weekend, be sure to get a reservation, because they can get very busy.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Good food, all farm to table fresh using local sources. Cute cafe with great service . Interesting menu