“Excellent pasta and seafood”
Review of Coda del Pesce

Coda del Pesce
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We had delicious octopus appetizer which was well prepared with currents, pickled cauliflower, olives, and capers. I had the swordfish and my husband had the pappadrelle with shrimp. Both were excellent. Our waiter, John, provided suggestions for appetizer and desert. The view of the beach and ocean, although small, was beautiful. We will definitely be,going again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Had dinner here last evening while here for the 2017 Eclipse. Was recommended by a real foodie.....they were spot on! Nick was our server and he was FANTASTIC!! The menu changes I believe daily, Had a Flounder appetizer, A lemon flavored Gnocci 1st cause and Veal Marsala Main....Honestly in my top 5 dinners in my life and I eat out way too much. Call in advance, don't use pentacle because they will try and squeeze you in.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Excellent food! !The menu is diverse, fabulous appetizers, unique pasta, and fresh seafood. The service is terrific too!!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Fine dining involving Italian inspired seafood dishes. At our table we had triggerfish, grouper and shrimp dishes as main courses. Appetizer of grilled octopus and salads. All of this was on the level would one expects of a fine (and not inexpensive) dining--though I would have added some grilled bread strips with olive oil and cheese the caesar salads. The caesar dressing was spot on though. I am not very familiar with Italian wines, which the wine list consists of primarily. However, the staff were quite knowledgeable about the list and explained the wines we ordered with exact accuracy. They were very well received at our table by both couples with rather different tests in wines.
This was our first visit to Coda del Pesce. We plan returning.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

+ My experiences with food on IOP has been sub par in the past. We decided to splurge and try this highly-recommended venue.

+ We are pleased beyond words! We will definitely visit Coda del Pesce again during our week-long stay at IOP, especially since Ken's menu changes daily :-)

+ Michael was our bartender/server. He was knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list and was quite charming.

- This restaurant is not designed for families with young children. Go into Mount Pleasant to TGIFs if that's what you're looking for....just sayin....

- We did not have reservations, but we love to sit at the bar for our drinks and meal. I would recommend reservations.