“Nice way to top off a day!”
Review of Coda del Pesce

Coda del Pesce
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We had a delightful experience - welcome greeting and had a perfect outdoor seat.
Started off with wine and a view of the ocean
The raw oysters were full of flavor, spouse's pasta with crab was yummy and my swordfish with five minute Italian sauce -was lick the plate clean delicious. Oh yeah, delicious crusty bread with pesto dipping sauce.
Nice way to end a perfect day.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Romantic, cozy, warm, friendly, excellent service and the food was so delicious. The menu changes daily, so no need to describe what I ate, as you will be having your own unique experience. And please save room for dessert....

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Our server, Jen, was delightful and informative, and upon her recommendation I selected the 4 course Chef's Tasting Menu ($52 each). My wife wanted to select from the menu but Jen explained if I wanted the tasting menu then my wife would also have to choose it, in order for the chef to achieve proper timing, etc. So we both went with it. I also selected the wine pairings ($32). Each of the courses were quite good, the gnocchi was outstanding, the best IMO, the wine pairings for 3 of the 4 were not as sublime as I would have liked, but then that's a very subjective opinion and someone else may well disagree. The view of the beach and ocean from the large 2nd story and through the huge floor to ceiling window is also a great feature, marred just a bit by a new 5 story hotel going up within a few feet alongside and stretching out toward the beach, obstructing the view to the south. We were among the first for the evening and enjoyed a table right at the window. As time passed it became quite busy, but not loud, a definite plus. I believe there are only 70 seats or so. Décor is somewhat rustic, with a classy flair. I give this a high recommendation for any couple looking for a romantic dinner on the beach.

1  Thank BlueDevil2273
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This place was a wonderful find for us. We had the fried fish appetizer, which is usually for 2 people and our family of 4 found it just the right size for all of us, was delicious. The caesar salad was also split among 3 of us and it was also a large portion. Pasta dishes were pleasantly big, we all tasted, and the chicken and steak dishes were cooked to perfection also.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Most enjoyable. Fresh well executed unique Upscale italian. Low key fine dining. Laid back but elegant. The highlight of our trip to the Charleston area.