“Perfection is the word...”
Review of Coda del Pesce

Coda del Pesce
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Romantic, cozy, warm, friendly, excellent service and the food was so delicious. The menu changes daily, so no need to describe what I ate, as you will be having your own unique experience. And please save room for dessert....

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Our server, Jen, was delightful and informative, and upon her recommendation I selected the 4 course Chef's Tasting Menu ($52 each). My wife wanted to select from the menu but Jen explained if I wanted the tasting menu then my wife would also have to choose it, in order for the chef to achieve proper timing, etc. So we both went with it. I also selected the wine pairings ($32). Each of the courses were quite good, the gnocchi was outstanding, the best IMO, the wine pairings for 3 of the 4 were not as sublime as I would have liked, but then that's a very subjective opinion and someone else may well disagree. The view of the beach and ocean from the large 2nd story and through the huge floor to ceiling window is also a great feature, marred just a bit by a new 5 story hotel going up within a few feet alongside and stretching out toward the beach, obstructing the view to the south. We were among the first for the evening and enjoyed a table right at the window. As time passed it became quite busy, but not loud, a definite plus. I believe there are only 70 seats or so. Décor is somewhat rustic, with a classy flair. I give this a high recommendation for any couple looking for a romantic dinner on the beach.

1  Thank BlueDevil2273
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This place was a wonderful find for us. We had the fried fish appetizer, which is usually for 2 people and our family of 4 found it just the right size for all of us, was delicious. The caesar salad was also split among 3 of us and it was also a large portion. Pasta dishes were pleasantly big, we all tasted, and the chicken and steak dishes were cooked to perfection also.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Most enjoyable. Fresh well executed unique Upscale italian. Low key fine dining. Laid back but elegant. The highlight of our trip to the Charleston area.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We chose this upscale Italian restaurant for its good Italian wine selection. They were out of the year of nebbiolo we wanted, but had a nice brunello. It is small and tucked into an ocean front lot, so make a reservation. The views of the ocean are nice. The food and service were outstanding. I have multiple food allergies and I told the waitress that I would be happy with anything the chef could make me. Usually that means a salad and grilled fish, but not here! I had an absolutely delicious piece of fish in a sauce with vegetables. I never get sauces in restaurants since they are so risky for me, but it was outstanding and I had no allergic reactions. I just wish the waitress had told me a little bit about what I was eating. My first course was a marinated ripe heirloom tomato salad that was perfectly seasoned. My husband had the grilled pulpo and loved it. Soft Shell Crab was his main course and the serving was very generous. My brother in law had the Tagliolini with crab and ate every bite of the enormous plateful. Both raved about how good their entrees were. My husband ordered a double espresso to finish the meal, and was very disappointed. It looked like it had been sitting for a while as there was not crema on top and luke warm. He said it did not taste very good. Overall though, we would recommend this restaurant and definitely will return.