“Guacamole is great”

Los Jalapenos
Ranked #195 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Noticed, going into the restaurant, the bright colors, clean, and nice decor. Servers were fast and friendly. The menu is your "standard" Mexican restaurant items. Ordered the jalapeño bowl and a side of guacamole. The guacamole was fresh and made there (not table side on my visit either time - but nevertheless fresh). The bowl had fresh ingredients, tasted good. Prices are typical of other Mexican restaurants I've eaten at. Went back the next day and got the lunch chimichanga and a side of guacamole during the lunch rush. Both were fresh and the food came out quick. Probably will be my new restaurant to satisfy the need for Mexican food when in the area.

1  Thank AngieVStewart

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Good service, staff very friendly, would have been 4 to 5 if food would have been better. Wife and I got same thing maybe just picked wrong, could be worth anouther try.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I've reviewed this Mexican restaurant three times over the last three years. Mostly average but the overall quality of food and service seems to be spiraling downwards. We took a chance and went in to have margaritas and an appetizer. Simple right? Only about three or four tables in use so surprised how long it took for a server to approach us. We asked for chips, two house margaritas and a small con carne dip. We added the evening special that was three tacos for $3. And two glasses of water. The tacos came out before the chips so that told us the special was microwaved after sitting for who knows how long? I asked a second time for our water. The chips arrived and the cheese dip came out shortly afterwards. I looked at it and it was very runny, Luke warm at best and floating pieces of cheese. The two large house margaritas arrived and were very weak and we couldn't even determine if they had any alcohol in them? The second cheese dip was brought to us and it was still thin and gross chunks in it! Previous visits always provided us with a hot cheese dip and much more consistent in dipping thickness so we were not pleased. I pushed it off to the side so the waiter could see it but he ignored it. I asked for water (third time) as I need to get the bad taste of the dip out of my system! Ugh. Finally, we gave up, paid our bill and left. Too bad as the restaurant is close to our home but we won't be returning. Just drive a little farther to get better Mexican food. Never did get our water......

1  Thank BGSU1966
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Being as we are from Colorado and we have a ton of Mexican restaurants we thought we would try a Southern Mexican restaurant. We were really impressed, food was very tasty and the service was awesome. We were very pleased and would return if we ever go back to this area.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Had dinner tonight at Los Jalapeños. This is probably the third or fourth time I have
eaten here. Dinner was good and one of the best places to eat mexican food in the
Hilton Head/Bluffton area, but not the best place I have had mexican food. So far
have not found an "outstanding place" for mexican food in this area.