“Wow.”

Pure Natural Market
Ranked #151 of 398 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: Hilton Head Island's only Jamaican inspired Vegan, Pescatarian (delicious fish) restaurant. Also organic smoothie and juice bar.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Okay, I have been vegan for four years and this is some of the best food I have ever tasted. I was in between a few things and the owner went to the back to get me a few samples so I could decide. The egg salad is to live for. There’s nothing like it. I also had MoBay Curry Bowl and it was delicious, but the real winner was that egg salad. The ginger shots definitely give a little kick, but could use more ginger (a personal preferences perhaps). I highly recommend going here. The owner is lovely as well as the rest of the staff. So personable. Very clean, very fast, very lovely. You can tell the food is definitely made with love. Will be returning.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

You can't help but feel happy in the warm, wonderful vegan/seafood gem that is Pure. Tracy and Aida have made us feel like family during our visits, and we'll really miss them when we leave for home. Brinsley and Travis work magic in the kitchen to create dishes that are so delectable you almost can't believe they're also good for you...from oh-so creamy Mac and "Cheez" (for a real treat, try the Mac Daddy with succulent mushrooms and spinach folded in) to the colorful flavor explosion of the Jamaican Jerk Bowl, to the daily soups that sing with Brinsley's masterful use of seasonings, and so, so much more. Save room for dessert because the brownies are not to be missed...sometimes we order seconds! House-made ginger beer is a sweet delight, and locals line up for Pure's smoothies and juices. The secret is out, because Pure was just voted HHI's favorite lunch! No matter if you're a hardcore vegan or a total omnivore, there truly is something for everyone to love at Pure Natural Market, and the welcoming island vibe makes every meal a true treat for body and soul. Keep in mind that food this good is not mass-produced and so takes time to prepare--your patience will be rewarded with some of the best food you'll ever eat. If you're in a hurry or want to take out, just call in advance to place your order. Tracy and Brinsley deserve major kudos for this unique, amazing gem of a restaurant; it's truly one of a kind!

Tracy O, Owner at Pure Natural Market, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Wow!!! Thank you so much Heidi! We’ve truly enjoyed getting to know you guys and will really miss you. It’s words like this that make it all worthwhile! We look forward to your return to our beautiful Island.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled on this gem. They off vegan and seafood Jamaican dishes. Vegan offerings from avocado butter toast, to better than chicken salad or better than egg salad sandwiches to vegan Jamaican jerk salad or vegan Jamaican curry. Seafood fish dishes for pescetarians. All organic food or wild caught fish.

Do not come hangry! Good food takes patience. There is a good wait for orders either dine in or take out.

Tracy O, Owner at Pure Natural Market, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My wife and I just returned from a dinner at this small restaurant near Sea Pines Circle on Hilton Head Island. It is considered a vegan-friendly restaurant. My wife is fully "whole food, plant based" and I generally follow her diet for two out of three meals a day. Today, however, I wanted a fish dinner, and was told that Pure Natural Market serves a whole steamed redfish dinner seasoned with Jamaican spices. I called and ordered the meal in advance of arriving, as this restaurant closes early in the late fall and winter months. The redfish dinner was huge and delicious. It was actually the best fish that I can ever remember eating! The fish was partially surrounded with avocado slices, and the side dishes were rice and beans, and steamed kale with mango salsa. My wife ordered, and thoroughly enjoyed a vegan curry "chicken" and rice bowl. We both brought home lots of leftovers, as the portions were generous. We plan to return soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This fabulous day time restaurant was recommend to us by some local friends we made whilst visiting Hilton Head Island.

We are not vegan but we do enjoy vegetarian food from time to time. The food we enjoyed at 'Pure' was amazing. The 'Island Vegan Cheeseburger' was to die for! I have never in my lifetime had such an amazing 'non-meat' burger. This restaurant could seriously turn me into a vegan.

As for the smoothies; absolutely delicious and so nutritious with the carefully selected health benefiting ingredients.

Whilst eating, locals were piling in to buy health benefiting smoothies and 'shots' of turmeric laden smoothie.

To cap it all the washroom was immaculately clean and well stocked with paper towel roll and aromatherapeutic basil scented hand soap. What attention to detail!

The restaurant is run by Tracy who is front of house and Brinsley who runs the kitchen. Tracy was extremely helpful in advising us about the menu and making our food choices. The other waitresses were also very good.

Love this place to bits. Planning to have our last lunch on the island before heading home.

Tracy O, Owner at Pure Natural Market, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thanks guys!!!! It was so great meeting and spending time with you!