“Local, Fresh and Authentic!”
Review of Johnny F's - Chicago Style - CLOSED

Johnny F's - Chicago Style
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I love doing business with Mom and Pop operations - they risk their savings and add lots of hard work so you typically will see the passion of their time and money to make a great product and promote happy customers.
Johnny F's is one of these places that makes you feel good doing business with them.

I really enjoy the sausage and pepper sandwiches plus their original Chicago Dog. The french fries are fresh cut which puts them heads and tails above those crappy frozen and frozen crinkle cut fries from the 1970's.

This place puts passion into each sandwich and it shows.'

HH gives this a 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Met my wife here for lunch for the first time. Prices seem high at $8 for double hamburger (no cheese) and it's NOT up to the quality of McD "pricey" burgers. My wife did enjoy the gyro (but again $8), but it was a little larger than normal. Fries do NOT come with meal, upcharge of $2? Fries were best part of my meal as the burger was very dry and overdone. People say the dogs are better but at $5 and up for a dog, prices still seem high. Sorry but without coupons we won't return.

1  Thank James W
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Stopped in to have lunch with a friend and had the best Italian Beef and Sausage Combo complete with Sweet peppers, onions, and spicy giardiniera. The sandwich comes with natural cut fries, but I had them hold them because I'm trying to eat less (LOL). My friend had the fries and loved them. Johnny's may not be main stream but should be. The food is high quality, freshly made each day and very delicious. This is a perfect meal for lunch or dinner and now with football starting back up ideal for tail gating or just having friends over. A question down below asks is this fast food and I think the answer is yes it can be fast. but take the time to enjoy these awesome meals.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just recently moved to the area and being from Chicago we usually avoid the Chicago Style Restaurants which are usually Pizza and usually are not authentic or good.

Johnny F's took a different approach by not doing Pizza but focusing on Chicago hot dogs, Italian Beef, Italian Sausage, Maxwell Street Polish, burgers and the Tamale Boat!

Hands down the best and actually authentic Chicago style food and the flavors and taste were on point.

For those of you from Chicago and know what I am talking about, they actually Dip the Beef Sandwich. We also had the Hot Dogs, fries and Tamale boats and they were all very good and tasted excellent.

The owner is actually from the Southside of Chicago and knows what he is doing.

My wife and I will be back many more times.

1  Thank Karkman
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

It is a nice cozy place that packs a lot of flavor. Great sandwiches great gyros and great Chicago hot dog. This a nice change from the ordinary. Service was great too. Will definitely go back.