“Fun atmosphere, excellent food! ”

Sassafras Southern Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sassafras Southern Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 983 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A party of 11 had a wild and wonderful evening at Sassafras. Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, attentive waiter. What more could you ask for!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We had a group of 11 looking for a great dinner spot. We are so happy we found Sassafras. We sat in the enclosed patio with heaters and it was nice, even though it was really windy outside. The menu is a little of all of the good foods you want, especially in the south. The nachos were a huge hit for a shared appetizer. My friend and I shared the Surf and Turf and it was amazing. The stead was cooked perfect and melted in your mouth like butter and the scallions were very tasty. Everyone's food look so good and they loved everything. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Under the new owner, Martin Hill, this restaurant has been reborn. Updated modern ambiance matches the vitality of the food and servers. In other words this place sizzles! The food was absolutely delicious. I had the seafood special and my husband created his own happiness with the 12 piece fried oysters presented on the half shell, the house salad that actually had fresh halved pecans included, the delectable cajun fries and finished with the key lime pie. Oscar, our server, was attentive and knowledgable. Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Read the reviews about the nachos before I came and thought I would be ordering them. Had to change my mind when the waiter let me know how large they were. I had the salad size grilled salmon which was grilled to perfection. Instead of ordering entrees we tried a number of sides for our dinner including grits, greens, asparagus, risotto, mac and cheese all of which are recommended. The side portions were quite large; a good bargain at $5. We had to take food home. We were celebrating my birthday and dessert was on the house. Can't say enough good things about the peanut butter pie with oreo crust and the smooth creamy peanut butter filling. The restaurant has a nice selection of wine by the glass. Service was outstanding. We were there when they opened on a Saturday evening and for about the first 1/2 hour had a private dining experience. Manager came to table which was a nice touch. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant while staying nearby at the Aloft. I had the catfish, she had the prime rib with pimento cheese. We enjoyed the service from our waiter, impressed that management checked on us, but the food was just OK.