“Great BBQ Sandwich”

Charlie's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #177 of 939 Restaurants in Greenville
Reviewed 22 March 2017

When I go to a BBQ joint I get a pulled pork plate. This place is the one exception. Here I always get the BBQ Sandwich, fries, and a drink. They may very well have an excellent BBQ plate but I've never eaten it because I've always been very pleased with the BBQ Sandwich and fries. I eat here several times a year even though I live 25 miles away.

1  Thank Ted B

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The portions are good and the service is fast, but the BBQ and sauce is average at best. If you feel like driving and have the time, keep going. But if you're in the area and need some bbq, it will do in a pinch.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I like the food at Charlie's BBQ and we get a meal there about every 6 weeks. My biggest qualm is the service isn't the friendliest...at least the last few times I have gone in. It has actually been the man that chops the pork...he seems very ill and in a hurry. It hasn't kept me from going in, but I surely don't look forward to it. One other thing is that you cannot get just a little side of sauce to go on your sandwich...it has to be put on the meat at the time your sandwich is made or you have to purchase a full bottle...

1  Thank susan h
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I liked it a lot! The three of us ate very well for 25 bucks. My only wish is that cornbread was available rather than almost dried out hamburger rolls. I will look into that next time, but overall it was very good. Extremely fast service I love the sides, the sauces were outstanding. We didn't try the french fries but the lady sitting next to us had them they appeared to be pretty good for the frozen variety. I will definitely go back to my nearest opportunity.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We had lunch at Charlie's today. Very good pulled pork sandwich. The sandwich had so much meat it was falling out

1  Thank Frances512354