See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Booked 2-day stay at this hotel because of short distance to hospital. 2nd FL room & according to clerk elevator has been broke for 2 weeks. The light was on in the room great as we had a late check in. I booked a non smoking room-the air and everything had lingering stench of smoke. Something by kitchen area stunk-but was to tired to check. Next morning we found the stench-the trash can hasn't been cleaned in quite a while. The towels were filthy and one had holes, the shower curtain was moldy and there was approximately 49 squares left on the toilet paper roll and no extra. The gentleman who said he was a manager at the time was very nice and walked me to the laundry room to get towels and tp. When I showed the picture of the trash when we discovered it he did promise to have our room cleaned properly. When a part of the family returned to the hotel to rest neither key worked. Get it together M6.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Greenville, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Jive, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please know that the key card condition you describe is atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Reservation for 2 adults and 1 dog was made online through Motel6.com. Upon check-in we were not allowed to check-in as my dog weighed more than 25lbs. This left us without a motel at 11:30pm on a Saturday Night. Motel 6 pet policy is as follows: Motel 6 imposes no restrictions on size of pets, allows two per room, and does not charge additional fees. I have never had an issue with any other motel 6 and have used them almost exclusively based on their pet policy but will no longer be staying at any Motel 6 based on this random decision by the Greenville Motel. Don't bother calling guest relations at Motel 6-they could care less!

While complaining about the motel not honoring online reservations-I will warn you... This motel will charge you more than 25% than the quoted online price. $53 online and $67 for no reservation and they will not honor the online price.

Based on the reviews I have read about this motel, maybe it was for the best - Drunks, drugs, prostitutes. Motel 6 should be ashamed they are associated with this motel.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel-There are plenty of good hotels in Greeville
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dan, Thank you for sharing your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay. As a pet-friendly brand, our pet policy specifically states service animals and well-behaved pets always stay free and are welcomed every visit (http://www.motel6.com/promotions/pets.aspx). We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

only stay if you are looking for prostitutes or drugs. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed. Jail is better than this place. Staff came in room trying to fix some broken drawers and one asked to smoke in the room. The door had no deadbolt and looked to be kicked in several times. Bed bugs probably bit us, worst travel experience in my life.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Greenville, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Nicholas, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

First the good: I had accidentally booked a smoking room, which I didn't realize until I got in it. The staff very quickly put me into a different room, with no issues. They didn't charge me for wifi, which was great, and they had an elevator (which is always a plus). I picked this hotel because of its proximity to my destination and the fact that Motel 6s don't charge for pets (I had my cat) and, if renovated, don't have carpet, which can harbor bugs. In those respects, it was acceptable. Now the not-so-good: I wouldn't have stayed in the first room even if it hadn't been a smoking room. The door had obviously recently been kicked in and poorly repaired, the locking mechanism was missing parts and the toilet paper in the bathroom was laying on the floor because the holder was broken. I didn't feel at all safe there. The second room was better, although it still smelled faintly of smoke. All of the bedding was slightly yellow (as if it's frequently used in a smoking room) and stained, with burn holes in the comforter. In the bathroom, the towels were either threadbare and stained, or just stained and yellowish and the towel rack was partially detached from the wall. The whole place felt dirty - hairs in the shower, huge stains of maybe hair dye or paint on a wall in the bathroom, dirt and food splashes on the walls in the fridge/microwave area, dirt on the floors.
I'm honestly not overly concerned with wearing socks in a hotel, but I had to here. I don't think the floor has been mopped in a long time (or ever). The mattress was very, very old and uncomfortable and the pillows small and well past their prime. Again, everything was slightly yellow. I didn't even use the comforter, it felt so dirty. This property was was cheap, but I've stayed in plenty of similar motels (including several Motel 6 properties) which were WAY better than this place. The two reviews on the booking site were decent...but I'm not sure which hotel they were reviewing, because it certainly wasn't this one. I'm coming back into the area next year and will absolutely NOT be staying here again. Oh - and this location is NOT wheelchair accessible, at least not that I could see. There aren't any built-in ramps or even ground-level openings to get up on to the sidewalk surrounding the hotel. The office is also not clearly marked. I drove around the building twice trying to find it.

Room Tip: Had I read the Trip Advisor reviews, I would NOT have stayed here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked the room for ok be night when we went to check in five minutes til 3 we was told that the room wasn't clean and it was before 3 so we had to wait. So we waited then the moved us to another room which was half cleaned my husband got the cleaning supplies from housekeeping and he cleaned the room. We went out site seeing got back to the room at 9 the check in lady burst in our room with another guest saying the guest was supposed to stay on that room there was a bag in the closet they kept asking for so we gave it to them. We didn't feel so we ask for a refund and the clerk that burst in the room that put us in the room wanted to argue with my husband that she wasn't wrong for coming in our room with someone else... Will never go back...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple