“Good Value”

Harbor Inn Seafood
Ranked #292 of 982 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Harbor Inn features fresh, delicious seafood served in our dining rooms or prepared for "take-home" meals. Treat your family to lunch or dinner at a Harbor Inn near you.
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is a great place to go when you want some seafood. They have delicious flounder and shrimp. The cakes are huge and look delicious. The portions are very filling and it is not full of grease.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The food is usually good. Service is so so. atmosphere lackluster.
On this particular day I ordered the fried cod. I like fish but I'm allergic to SHELLFISH. My food came I ate a FEW bites and then noticed SHRIMP on my plate. I let the server know and they replaced it. But on the new platter after taking a FEW bites I noticed SHRIMP AGAIN on my platter . I told server AGAIN amd AGAIN she tales it nacl.to the kitchen. I tell them we are dissatisfied and we want our check to go. As we go to pay ...they tell me that I have to pay for the FULL meal because I took a FEW bites out of the two plates that THEY sent shrimp that I am ALLERGIC before i noticed the SHRIMP on my plate. I think it is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD that they want ME to pay when they tried to KILL me. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. We were pleased with our (shrimp) choices. Extremely clean & our server took great care of us. Desserts looked amazing!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Only place in the upstate that consistently cooks fried shrimp right. Never overdone and crunchy but just right and very flavorful. My wife enjoys the salt and pepper catfish fillets. Their cakes are wonderful as well. This is not a fancy place and quite often there are large almost family reunions going on as they can accommodate large parties. Ample parking.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We have lived in Greenville for a couple years and were hesitant to try this place. I'm originally from New England and spent an additional 8 years on the west coast of Florida so I am suspect of any place 3 hours from the ocean that claims to have great seafood. But this place showed up on Greenville's "Best Of" nomination list for seafood so we figured we'd give it a try.

First off, I'm not sure why people are raving about this place being "remodeled". I walked in an almost immediately walked right back out. It had a cold, empty unwelcome feel- almost like a cafeteria. Awful hospital type lighting and no warmth it it (not temperature wise; atmosphere-wise) Just... I dunno.... space. So we opted to eat in the bar which, while not exactly haven of comfort, at least provided a little more personality. The bar was playing fast-paced dance music which was a bit annoying, seeing as how it was 6pm at night and there was just us and a bunch of senior citizens in there (know your customers- if I wanted a party I'd go to a real bar).

We ordered clam chowder (big mistake... i'm pretty sure it came out of a can. Awful, bland and watery). and also salad. I got fried scallops and my BF got a plate which included a fish, shrimp and scallops. The salad was no prize. Sure, it was free with the meal but I would have preferred to pay a fee to get more than lettuce, TWO cherry tomatoes, and TWO pieces of cucumber. No shredded cheese? No croutons? No onions? I mean, free is great when it's WORTH something. Otherwise, spare me.

I will say the prices were decent for the amount of food. I got lots of fried scallops. They were pretty chewy, but the breading helped to hide it. The tarter sauce was actually excellent. Not too tangy, and I loaded my scallops up with it. Hush puppies were good and the baked potato was... well, a baked potato. Pretty hard to screw that up. My BF had the same complaint with the scallops. Said his meal was "okay". BF got a slice of cake for dessert which he said was good. Sadly, there weren't any other dessert options besides cake.

So all in all.... EH. I don't know what the hype is about. It was a average, if not below average meal as far as taste quality. Atmosphere I give a negative 100. Maybe if you've never had actual fresh caught, quality seafood, then this place is probably good. But for me personally, it fell very short of my expectations.

Maybe it's better at lunch, but I won't be back to find out.