All reviews social area studio apartment clean and spacious rooms stayed here for a week highly recommend staying here living area flat screen front desk clerk staff was friendly room was large continental breakfast waffles the breakfast area dishwasher pet sink sleeper
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We flew into greenville at 10:15 pm expecting our friend to pick us up. He got stranded at another airport so we needed to find a hotel room
I made 12 phone calls all hotels were full. There were two available at $300 a night. So I found mainstay when I googled hotels near me.
That rate was $89 so I was afraid to go thinking it might be in a bad area or a rundown hotel.
I called and asked the clerk the desk clerk questions he was wonderful very polite very nice Home told me they were behind the Marriott and they were newly renovated so we booked a room We taxied to the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised.! It was very clean very quiet the staff were very polite we could not of asked for more The only bad thing was they didn't sell wine or beer LOL so we had to go to bed without a glass of wine! But they did have lots of soft drinks and burritos we could put in the microwave. The room comes with a refrigerator full size a two burner stove top dishwasher microwave I highly recommend staying here for those of you who don't want to pay $240 or 300 a night
And they serve breakfast !

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

My husband and I arrived in the Greer, SC during the wee-hours of the morning. We didn't have time to book a hotel in advance. Great staff. The room was clean, small and cozy. It was like a mini studio apartment. It contained a comfortable queen-sized bed, couch with a roll-away sleeper, center table, large flat screen TV with remote, desk and 2 cushy chairs, small kitchen sink, dish washer, refrigerator, microwave oven, cabinets with some dishes and utensils. The 3-piece (sink, tub, toilet) bathroom was clean and roomy enough for 2 adults. We had plenty of towels. The only problem we had was the toilet took a long time to refill for flushing.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This hotel has super clean and large rooms at a reasonable price, however their policies are a bit ridiculous. They claim to be a pet-friendly hotel, but if you bring a pet, you are only allowed to stay in the tiny efficiency rooms instead of a suite. I was traveling with my dog and had booked a suite online. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that pets aren't allowed in any rooms except the cheapest rooms even though I paid to upgrade to a suite as well as $25 extra a day for my pooch. I was then informed that they would make an exception for me and allow me to stay in the suite if I would agree to pay the normal suite price, plus $25 a day for my dog, plus an additional non-refundable $150 room-cleaning fee. Maybe it's just me but that sounds more like pet-tolerable instead of pet-friendly. Other than that, everything was mediocre. Except the front-desk employee named Ashley...she was absolutely amazing, friendly, and accomodating. A+++ Ashley!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Not a good experience. After watching Inside Edition’s special investigation that found many hotels don’t wash sheets between customers, I make a point of inspecting hotel sheets when checking in. These were absolutely dirty. Not only could you tell just from turning down the sheets (they were stretched out and extremely wrinkled), but there were dirty spots and hairs on them as well. I called to request new sheets and instead of getting an apology, the person I spoke with was rude and told me I would just have to come downstairs and get them myself if I wanted new sheets. I’m attaching photos of the way the sheets looked when turning them down versus the way the new sheets looked when putting them on myself for comparison. Also, the room was just dirty, period. Smooshed bug on the wall, coffee spills all over, etc. Would never stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank Chelsea H
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Arrived later in the evening and there was still plenty of room to park. The check in was fast , and friendly. The hallways were clean and smelled very nice. The room was large and spacious but had a musty odor. The kitchen area was stocked and the room was clean. The bathroom door recessed into the wall and was stuck in the wall- the door was not able to shut for the entire stay. The sink was broken and would not drain. Rooms are in need of some repairs but the overall hotel was nice. The staff were all friendly. The breakfast was normal Continental. The pool area looked nice but did not have the chance to use it. They have a small sundry store in the front and there are plenty of restaurants very close to the hotel. Would recommend if you are staying a few days as it is set up for the longer term traveler.

Date of stay: September 2017