“Good cafe food”
Review of Thomas Cafe

Thomas Cafe
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Georgetown
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped by on way to pallets island for lunch. Locals place. Enjoyed fried chicken special. Cole slaw was fresh and good. Fried eggplant and beets equally good. Chicken fresh fried. Cheese steak good but nicest french roll would be better. Servers not very personable to tourists. Service probably acceptable to local folk. Would reccomend for good choices and lunch specials.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

In this world of fast food or fancy dining, a good old-fashioned "meat and three" is getting harder to find but Thomas fills the bill. Georgetown's Historic Waterfront is worth a look anyway, especially the Rice Museum, and a great lunch is the best way to top off your stop. We've eaten there twice and ordered specials as well as vegetable plates. There is PLENTY of food for under $20. The store front entrance and booths, tables and bar inside are a step back in time. When traveling the SC coast, this will be a regular stop for Gin and me!

1  Thank FinGin79
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We arrived super early in Georgetown for the total solar eclipse and wanted breakfast. Some ladies walking recommended the Thomas Cafe and we were the first in the door when they opened. The poor waitress was the only one on duty and within 5 minutes every table was full with a line outside. She must have sounded the alarm because a little while later she had back up with a few more wait staff. I think they weren't expecting so many people to be early for the eclipse, but we wanted to be sure to get parking since we were going out on a boat tour.

Food was good, if basic, wish I'd tried their Eclipse special, but I missed it.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious. Simple. Authentic Georgetown, Low Country food and service!

How have I not reviewed his place in all the years I have been coming here!?!?

Do you want to eat where I hope the locals eat, it's this place.
Breakfast is amazing, lunch is amazing, dinner is amazing. The specials are always spot on.
The waitstaff is appropriately friendly, not over the top, which I prefer.

The food is fresh and their kitchen moves at an amazing pace.

My pro tip: get the fried green tomatoes.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

It's a shame this place is only open for breakfast and lunch, but what a great lunch spot. We got the shrimp and grits (without peppers) and fried shrimp and flounder basket. The batter on the seafood was amazing! So light and crispy! Same great batter on the fried green tomatoes and onion rings. The shrimp and grits is made with ham instead of andouille sausage.