“Good food and service”
Review of El Toro

El Toro
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: We are a family owned restaurant and we serve authentic South American dishes made fresh!
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch and what a nice surprise. This place has favorites from south and central American. The good was delicious. My wife and I split and dish and had empanadas for appetizer. Soup came with meal and very flavorful. Overall great experience. The staff was very attentive.

1  Thank Brian K
MiraPinzon, Owner at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Brian, I am very happy that you and your wife had a great experience and enjoyed our food! Thank you so much for sharing it with everyone! We appreciate your support!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Great food, good service. Everything we tried was filled with great flavors, and huge portions. Will certainly return!

1  Thank j r
MiraPinzon, Owner at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear J R, thank you so much for the great review! I am very happy that you loved the food and hope you'll come back soon for more!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Hoped this new place was Mexican but it is Latin ,not offering the usual Mexican favorites. Had empanadas and a chicken veg. soup. The soup was extremely bland. I've had better canned although I suspect this may so. The empanada was also very bland and again I suspect it may be processed rather than in house made, The green chile sauce was good. Disappointed by lack of flavor and spice you would expect from Latin food. Service was good and I will probably be back to try other items hoping to find the vibrant flavors I would expect. Not a huge menu but definitely a departure from standard Mexican fare. Prices a little high also.

MiraPinzon, Owner at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Robert, I am sorry you had such a bad experience! We take pride in our food and try to be better every day! I really hope that you will come back and give us a second chance to show you that we have great food and rich flavors!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Wonderful addition to the beach! This is NOT a Mexican restaurant... it's a LATIN restaurant, with many dishes from Columbia, Venezuela, etc. The menu changes frequently. Good bar. The restaurant is cheerful and very clean. The food is very good. The owner and staff are super friendly and eager for feedback as they continue to hone their menu. We'll definitely be coming back and look forward to checking in frequently!

1  Thank WaltMayoSC