“SUP Scary Safari Race”

Charleston SUP Safaris
Ranked #4 of 21 Tours in Folly Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston SUP Safaris has been voted the Best Stand-Up Paddle company in Charleston for three years.  Learn how to paddleboard with the experts on the beautiful Folly River and let us guide you through the local ecosystem and wildlife. We offer Stand-Up Paddleboard eco-safari tours, river and surf lessons, rentals, SUP yoga, fitness, paddleboard sales, and summer camps. Charleston SUP Safaris specializes in large groups, family outings, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate team building events, and special occasions. Stop by our newly renovated shop conveniently located at 83 Center St. and our professionally certified guides will get you outfitted with Bounce paddleboards and carbon fiber paddles. So simple, no experience needed, and fun for the whole family. Locally owned with a combined 60 years experience on the water. Our passion and sole focus is paddleboarding. Before your trip, our professional guides conduct proper ground school instruction and in-water paddle training, ensuring safe, fun, and exciting trips. Visit our website to book your SUP Safari.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Fun event to raise money for a local charity. The event encouraged costumes and included a fun "after party" / social get together. Looking forward to next years event!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Went with my husband and my dad for a morning dolphin tour. Our guide was great and made us all feel confident on our boards. Would highly recommend. 10/10!

FollyStandUpGuy, Manager at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Aloha Sarah
We are so glad you had a great time! We hope to see you SUPing on the water again!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Having no experience kayaking, or canoeing, paddle boarding was very fun and easy. Eric was our tour guide, and he was very helpful and made it easy to understand how to paddle. While paddling, I fell a little behind, but Eric constantly was checking on all members of group, and made sure I was doing okay. Found my new favorite activity on the water!!

FollyStandUpGuy, Owner at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Aloha!
We are so glad that you had such a great time out on the water with us! We strive to make our tours enjoyable to paddle boarders of all levels. We would love to have you come out with us again- hope to see you on the water soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I stopped by Monday morning for the 2 hour SUP tour - had an awesome time! Since it was just the two of us, and we had some SUP experience, our guide was able to give us technique tips, as well as point out various things about the area / birds / fish etc. that some first timers may miss. I would highly recommend this company - casual, friendly and laid back - just like Folly Beach.

Aloha Douglas!
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you came out to SUP with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was given a gift certificate for a private lesson. Truly, the best gift ever! I received thorough instructions prior to getting on the water. Once on the water it took me a while to relax, but Jon patiently worked with me until I was more I comfortable. I know I was not the best student, but Jon was able to correct my form and stroke while making me laugh. I had plenty of time to practice and become more confident. This was the most fun I have ever had in any "class." I even got to see the sunset! Such an amazing experience. I can't wait to get on the water again.

Aloha!
Thank you for the great review. We love it when our customers are having fun and we are glad you enjoyed your lesson. We look forward to seeing you out on the water again!