Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Amazing paddle board tour

We went on a two hour tour and it was amazing! Our guides were John and Hailey. Both of the guides... read more

Reviewed 7 October 2018
Jasonmossburg
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
via mobile
Spectacular Sunset

I went on a whim to Charleston by myself for a mini-vacation. I tried to pick different activities... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2018
Tara B

All reviews paddle boarding big john folly river dolphin safari fun guide sunset tour saw dolphins eco system fun event great fun first timers local ecosystem awesome experience these guys feel comfortable a lot of fun great instruction
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Went with my husband and my dad for a morning dolphin tour. Our guide was great and made us all feel confident on our boards. Would highly recommend. 10/10!

Date of experience: October 2017
FollyStandUpGuy, Manager at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Aloha Sarah
We are so glad you had a great time! We hope to see you SUPing on the water again!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Having no experience kayaking, or canoeing, paddle boarding was very fun and easy. Eric was our tour guide, and he was very helpful and made it easy to understand how to paddle. While paddling, I fell a little behind, but Eric constantly was checking on all members of group, and made sure I was doing okay. Found my new favorite activity on the water!!

Date of experience: September 2017
FollyStandUpGuy, Owner at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Aloha!
We are so glad that you had such a great time out on the water with us! We strive to make our tours enjoyable to paddle boarders of all levels. We would love to have you come out with us again- hope to see you on the water soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I stopped by Monday morning for the 2 hour SUP tour - had an awesome time! Since it was just the two of us, and we had some SUP experience, our guide was able to give us technique tips, as well as point out various things about the area / birds / fish etc. that some first timers may miss. I would highly recommend this company - casual, friendly and laid back - just like Folly Beach.

Aloha Douglas!
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you came out to SUP with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was given a gift certificate for a private lesson. Truly, the best gift ever! I received thorough instructions prior to getting on the water. Once on the water it took me a while to relax, but Jon patiently worked with me until I was more I comfortable. I know I was not the best student, but Jon was able to correct my form and stroke while making me laugh. I had plenty of time to practice and become more confident. This was the most fun I have ever had in any "class." I even got to see the sunset! Such an amazing experience. I can't wait to get on the water again.

Aloha!
Thank you for the great review. We love it when our customers are having fun and we are glad you enjoyed your lesson. We look forward to seeing you out on the water again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My best friends and I were in Folly Beach for a bachelorette weekend, and this was one of the number one activities on our list. When I was searching for SUP companies to book with, SUP Safari came with rave reviews and absolutely did not disappoint. Half of us had been SUPing before, and the rest of us were newbies, but our guides made us feel completely comfortable and confident in our very minimal skills. Their knowledge of the local ecosystems added such a fun bit of "local flare" to the tour, and we all walked away having had a blast and learned something, too! We were able to see dolphins off in the distance - about 300 feet away from us, which was the icing on the cake. Would 100% recommend SUP Safari to anyone visiting Folly Beach!

Date of experience: August 2017

Aloha Jackie,
We are so glad that you chose to come SUPing with us. We love taking people out on the water and love teaching people about our beautiful Folly river. Thanks for the great review y'all. We hope to see you again soon!