“Best Gift Ever!”

Charleston SUP Safaris
Ranked #4 of 21 Tours in Folly Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston SUP Safaris has been voted the Best Stand-Up Paddle company in Charleston for three years.  Learn how to paddleboard with the experts on the beautiful Folly River and let us guide you through the local ecosystem and wildlife. We offer Stand-Up Paddleboard eco-safari tours, river and surf lessons, rentals, SUP yoga, fitness, paddleboard sales, and summer camps. Charleston SUP Safaris specializes in large groups, family outings, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate team building events, and special occasions. Stop by our newly renovated shop conveniently located at 83 Center St. and our professionally certified guides will get you outfitted with Bounce paddleboards and carbon fiber paddles. So simple, no experience needed, and fun for the whole family. Locally owned with a combined 60 years experience on the water. Our passion and sole focus is paddleboarding. Before your trip, our professional guides conduct proper ground school instruction and in-water paddle training, ensuring safe, fun, and exciting trips. Visit our website to book your SUP Safari.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was given a gift certificate for a private lesson. Truly, the best gift ever! I received thorough instructions prior to getting on the water. Once on the water it took me a while to relax, but Jon patiently worked with me until I was more I comfortable. I know I was not the best student, but Jon was able to correct my form and stroke while making me laugh. I had plenty of time to practice and become more confident. This was the most fun I have ever had in any "class." I even got to see the sunset! Such an amazing experience. I can't wait to get on the water again.

FollyStandUpGuy, Owner at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Aloha!
Thank you for the great review. We love it when our customers are having fun and we are glad you enjoyed your lesson. We look forward to seeing you out on the water again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My best friends and I were in Folly Beach for a bachelorette weekend, and this was one of the number one activities on our list. When I was searching for SUP companies to book with, SUP Safari came with rave reviews and absolutely did not disappoint. Half of us had been SUPing before, and the rest of us were newbies, but our guides made us feel completely comfortable and confident in our very minimal skills. Their knowledge of the local ecosystems added such a fun bit of "local flare" to the tour, and we all walked away having had a blast and learned something, too! We were able to see dolphins off in the distance - about 300 feet away from us, which was the icing on the cake. Would 100% recommend SUP Safari to anyone visiting Folly Beach!

Aloha Jackie,
We are so glad that you chose to come SUPing with us. We love taking people out on the water and love teaching people about our beautiful Folly river. Thanks for the great review y'all. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Did the 2 hour "dolphin" tour this past Thursday. Brian our guide was great. We were first timers (wife, myself and 13 year old daughter) but after a quick land lesson we were on our way. We all had no trouble standing and paddling away! Brain was very knowledgeable of the area and gave information about physics, science, biology, ecology and history. This is way more than just paddling - we actual learned a lot. Saw many dolphins. It was great fun and we recommend SUP Safaris for all. You will not be disappointed.

Aloha Chris,
Thank you so much for a great review! Brian loved taking y'all out on the water. We hope you come back to SUP with us soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We decided Togo last minute paddle boarding and went with SUP. It was our first time paddle boarding and we LOVED it. Eric and Brian were great teachers and guides. Thank you for a great experience.

FollyStandUpGuy, Owner at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Aloha! We are so glad you decided to SUP with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My daughters and I enjoyed our first paddle board experience. Our guide Eric was an excellent teacher and guide. We saw dolphins, pelicans, and a turtle along the way. I highly recommend taking one of their excursions.

FollyStandUpGuy, Owner at Charleston SUP Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Aloha Cheryl!
We are so glad you had such a great time! We hope you will come back to SUP with us again!