All reviews stayed here front desk bed was very comfortable would stay here again nice hotel bagels free breakfast highway microwave housekeeper greenville
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

There are several companies and businesses at this I-85 exit in SC so people traveling for business stay in the area. You would never know this HIE exists if you weren’t looking for it; it is at the end of a dead end road with small signage. Staff is helpful and breakfast is what you’d expect.
The room was decades out date. There is no outlet on the bedside table to plug in electronics for reading in bed or for an alarm. Only one outlet was available on the desk across the room.
My real problem with the room was the toilet. The tank is pressurized so when you flush, water is shot into the bowl and a fine spray comes out of the bowl onto anything and anyone in the room. The Hampton Inn directly across I-85 would be my preference at this location.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
HIEDUNCAN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan), responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear eng311,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Greenville-Spartanburg (Duncan). I’m happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful. I regret that you viewed your guestroom as being dated and experienced a problem in the bathroom area. I sincerely hope that we otherwise, were able to provide you with pleasant and restful accommodations. Our goal is to provide superior value and contentment to all of our guests. We are excited about extensive renovations, which are currently under way. Our full interior and exterior enhancements, are sure to be pleasing. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future, I am certain that you will be happy and hold a different impression.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at (864)486-9191 or hiex.duncan@gmail.com.

Joe DeRitis

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Based on reviews I was a little bit worried about staying at this hotel but I'm glad I did stay. I encountered none of the problems a few reviews had. Had a King size room on 1st floor. Sleep fine, no noise. The pool was great but tons of chemicals so bring goggles. Breakfast had plenty of options. If I was here a week I would hate it but 1 or 2 days it works, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, cereal, etc...I had no problem with the workers. I would go back if needed.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HIEDUNCAN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan), responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear LAKRBLS,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Greenville-Spartanburg (Duncan). I’m happy to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant lodging experience and you would stay with us in the future. We greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again!

Best regards,

Joe D

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

They canceled my reservation without notice when I arrived they just told me that they had to cancel my reservation and they were sold out, I shown my confirmation number and they simply said that it was my fault because I didn’t attend their call (of course because I was traveling) at the end they just offer 1500 point as a compensation or book me in other hotel (not a joke).
Horrible experience and very rude workers, I am spire platinum but they didn’t care—-AVOID—-

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
HIEDUNCAN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan), responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Marco F,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Spartanburg-Greenville (Duncan) and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I deeply regret that your reservation was cancelled, due to an invalid credit card. The hotel policy requires guests to provide a valid credit card, in order to guarantee a reservation for hold past 6:00pm on the day of arrival. I also apologize that you felt our staff handled the situation, with lack of courtesy and professionalism.
We strive to make each guest feel welcomed and leave with a pleasant and comfortable experience.
We take feedback seriously and your feedback will assist us, in taking corrective measures.
Again, thank you for sharing your comments and my apologies for a less than satisfactory experience.
If I can be of assistance to you or you would like to discuss this matter, please contact me directly at (864)486-9191 or hiex.duncan@gmail.com.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed here for a work trip and wasn't displeased with the accomodations. The location off of I-85 and distance to my class were both very convenient. My room was on the 1st floor and thought that it seemed clean and modern. The tile on the bathroom floor is stylish and new, the bathtub was clean and crack free. This to me seemed like a newer hotel, however after reading other reviews I'm confused to see other people having cleanliness issues.
I was able to park right outside my window and the parking lot was well lit on the back side by the pool.
The items of annoyance were the following: The microwave came on but did not heat up at all. Thankfully the nice guy at the counter let me use the microwave in the kitchen so I could heat my soup. He said he would leave a note for maintainance regarding the microwave in my room.
The other, which I guess I can't complain about too much because the housekeepers were just doing their job and I invited them in by not leaving the do not disturb sign up for the second day, but I was annoyed by it. I got my bed just right the night before, which involved removing the quilt from the other bed to be my 2nd blanket and taking off several of the extra sheets. After the first 2 nights of lackluster sleep in a strange bed with flat pillows, I thought I had gotten it just right, until the housekeeper remade both beds. I had to deconstruct the extra bed and reconstruct my nest for my last night, I know, I know, petty problems, but this is a review and I get to share my opinions.
Overall though, I was happy with the room and had no major issues. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
HIEDUNCAN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan), responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear Amanda S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and provide feedback about your experience at, Holiday Inn Express, Greenville-Spartanburg (Duncan).

After reading your review, I am happy to conclude that your overall experience with us, was positive. I also appreciate you sharing the minor annoyances, which unfortunately arose during your stay. Please be assured that we greatly value your feedback, as we strive to make every guest experience…a perfect one. Your feedback will assist us in implementing corrective measures and help us to achieve exceptional service.

Thanks again, we are extremely pleased to have had the opportunity of accommodating you and glad to know that you would stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Worst hotel experience in years. Room smelled like smoke and carpet was wet. Informed front desk and was told nothing they could do since hotel was booked. It was a busy weekend in the area as all hotels were booked, which explains why they were trying to get $315/ night for a run down hotel. I understand that sometimes there is a problem with a room, but this was uncalled for, with no assistance from the hotel. Avoid!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
HIEDUNCAN, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-Spartanburg(Duncan), responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Mr. Hinds,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Greenville-Spartanburg (DUNCAN). I would like to offer a sincere apology, for not meeting your accommodation expectations. I deeply regret that your room smelled of smoke and the carpeting was wet. These two unfortunate issues are abnormally irregular, as we strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, for all of our guests. We will use your valued comments, in order to prevent the possibility of any such recurrences and provide a better experience in the future.
I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again, to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at (864)486-9191 or hiex.duncan@gmail.com.