“Fresh, Mouth-watering Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2017

After calling several local sushi establishments, I decided on this spot. So glad I did! Not only was the staff so friendly & accommodating, but their prices & ambiance were spot on. The selection of fish was impressive - not over the top - but much of it was fresh and raw. So check with the staff for cooked versus not if this is somewhat of an aversion to you as I don't recall the menu specifying whether or not it was cooked fish. They have a nice selection of "packages" on their menu as well as a la carte. They don't have an all-you-can-eat, but there really was no need as their Sushi Deluxe & Sushi Supreme were more than enough. These include miso soup & a salad. For dessert - which I was so glad ordered - I had green tea ice cream. This was by far the BEST I have ever had - with the exception of maybe in China. Not only was it smooth & creamy (lacking the gritty-like texture from tea leaves so many have), but it was perfect in flavor - not over-powered with the green tea flavor, but well-balanced. Music nice, and again, the staff was wonderful! Definitely recommend & will certainly stop here again next time we are in Columbia, SC.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank CookerOfFaith40

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I spent two years in japan so when i ate the sushi, sashimi and ramen i was convinced i was back in Okinawa. I had other food from there like the tempura, and teriyaki chicken and i was impressed. Only downside is that they are always packed as their food is in high demand.

2  Thank Gustavo M
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The food was great. The service was horrible. Our drinks were empty our entire meal which makes it very unpleasant if you are eating spicy sushi. Server did not pay attention to our table at all. The sushi is very good but there are other great sushi restaurants in Columbia where the service is excellent. I don't think I will be going back. Service is very important and this definitely lacks in that department. Its a small place and while it gets busy there was no excuse for the lack of service we got.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Always enjoy whatever we get. The sushi is fabulous. Owners are great people. I like the steamed dumplings.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

we were in the city for a show couple days ago. we picked inakaya since there's 1 for 2 coupon for there prefix six courses dinner.
every course we had are very unique and delicious. my wife had grilled whole lobster and i had trio meat as main entree. Also, we have tuna salad, miso soup, hand rolls, noddles(Soba), pudding and homemade maji also delicious. again, the food portion are consider small but there're six courses, so, we end up still very full. also, there're some Japanese chef customs that also very entertaining. In all, it was a good experience. Although, price is consider pretty expensive(if we don't have the 1 for 2 coupon), i won't go there.

Date of visit: December 2016