“Quality of food”

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #319 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Entered the place and temp was so low people were complaining. Hostess tried to seat us next to a very loud party of eight. Ordered the petite sirloin,green beans and rice pilaf along with the salad bar. The salad bar was what I would consider fresh but marginal in selection. Tomatoes were soggy, all items were pretty much commercial grade. Mirror at salad bar tried to give appearance of many more items them there actually were. Nothing at salad bar was tasteful and didn't motivate going back for seconds. I'll give credit for the potatoe salad and macaroni salad. We were served these things they I guess called dinner rolls that looked and tasted only half cooked. They tasted like garlic mixed with onion in a flour mix. Very dry and just about inedible. Green beans were served pretty much cold and cooked in an oil and garlic. The green beans were pretty much raw. The waitress named them something that she thought was "up town" thought up by some gourmet chef! Couldn't believe they actually tried to make up a name for this junk. I liken this to serving a salad with with the ribs and a very pungent tatse and trying to convince the customer it's a gourmet cut. The steak was served almost raw. I ordered the steak as medium rare and not raw. Normally I would attribute this to very large dinner crowd but we got there when it wasn't busy. The dinner servings weren't even close to being tasteful. It had been ten years since we were at a Ruby Tuesday and I just don't understand how they stay in business. Food was same calibre as Ryan's. The waitress tried her best and was very courteous and friendly. Clearly we won't go there again. I wonder if there are any good restaurants here in Columbia that won't cost a fortune.

1  Thank Ronald G

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Food was great. Went with two other managers . Everything was great, hot and fresh. The salad bar was fully stocked and everything was crisp and fresh. The dinner was a very generous portions and was very good. The dessert was wonderful the cheesecake was a very large slice enough for two.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

CALLED ahead!!!Asked for seating of 20 gave them 1hr to get ready they refused to give us tables said that they seat only party of 7. I've been there when party of 20 or more were seated. The second girl said they were to busy so I gave her my number and asked her to call me back when she could seat us.Never got a call. On the hand I call Ruby Tues. On Gardner Ferry They told me to come right on. Service was great. THIS WAS ON SUNDAY JAN 10 2016 at 12:30 Our waiter and waitress was great their names started with S

Reviewed 7 November 2015

When I go to a restaurant like Ruby Tuesday, I'm expecting typical chain type food. Chicken fingers, burgers, etc. I'm not expecting to be blown away by a daring young chef setting the culinary world on fire. I mean, I get it. But, alas, this Ruby Tuesday has failed even by the most minimal chain restaurant standards.

I am not sure if it was effected during the recent floods, but I suspect it must have been because as we entered the dining room, there was an overwhelming mustiness that was hard to ignore. We were seated by a pleasant hostess and our waitress greeted us promptly enough. She did seem hassled, though, even though the restaurant was mostly empty.

"You guys want bread?"

"Uh, sure."

As she disappeared into the back, I got the feeling that we'd interrupted her evening by coming there. And why not take a risk and just assume that we want bread?

After delivering four golfball-sized biscuits to our table, she hovered while we looked at the menus, a little over eager to get our orders and be done with us. I selected the chicken quesadilla and was told they were out of tortillas. My son ordered the chocolate milk and was told they were out of milk. Okay. So I settled on a cheese burger. Did I want a premium cheddar burger, she asked? Hmm. Okay. Why not?

While I waited, I helped myself to the salad bar. It was okay. The lettuce seemed fresh, the veggies seemed attended to. I will say, the dark croutons were soft, and tasted a bit like rancid oil. If you leave off the croutons, you can create yourself a pretty decent salad.

When my burger arrived, there was nothing premium about it. An overdone, low grade patty with a glossy coating of American cheese. My husband's was the same way. I promise you...there was no way that was cheddar. So Ruby Tuesday, why bother with the upsell if you're just going to bring us regular cheese burgers? We hadn't even cared about it until you promised us cheddar. In fairness, I don't know if they charged us for the cheddar burgers and we didn't complain because by then what was the point?

One taste and of both the fries and the burger, and I wished we'd just stayed home. Bland. I grabbed the salt and tried to season my meal, but nothing came out. The waitress went by and we mentioned that our salt shaker seemed corroded shut.

"They're all like that," she assured us.

I considered opening the bottom of the shaker myself, but looking at the burger, again, I wondered what the point would be.

As we were leaving, my husband and I mused that we used to get take out from this location many times in years past before we'd moved. I can't remember the food ever being like this, and I can't remember the staff being so lackadaisical. What happened?

The moral of this story? If you are wanting to eat at a chain in Columbia, I'd urge you to consider other options.

1  Thank mbovary2014
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Last night my family and I decided to have some take out due to rainy weather..We were charged twice and had to prove that we already paid also when we made another order we were shorted by the bartender Stepha and when confronted so that we could receive the right amount back no apologies or admittance of mistakes made was accounted for also my change was tossed down on the counter and she walked off after..I then asked nicely to speak to a manager ..he also wasn't of any help..This has really bothered me ,I mean I love the food it was great but the mistreatment was very unfair ..My husband and I really felt like we were discriminated on..

1  Thank JB J

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!