“Was my favorite Sunday Evening restaurant until they refuse to accommodate my party of 20 people”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #319 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 January 2016

CALLED ahead!!!Asked for seating of 20 gave them 1hr to get ready they refused to give us tables said that they seat only party of 7. I've been there when party of 20 or more were seated. The second girl said they were to busy so I gave her my number and asked her to call me back when she could seat us.Never got a call. On the hand I call Ruby Tues. On Gardner Ferry They told me to come right on. Service was great. THIS WAS ON SUNDAY JAN 10 2016 at 12:30 Our waiter and waitress was great their names started with S

Reviewed 7 November 2015

When I go to a restaurant like Ruby Tuesday, I'm expecting typical chain type food. Chicken fingers, burgers, etc. I'm not expecting to be blown away by a daring young chef setting the culinary world on fire. I mean, I get it. But, alas, this Ruby Tuesday has failed even by the most minimal chain restaurant standards.

I am not sure if it was effected during the recent floods, but I suspect it must have been because as we entered the dining room, there was an overwhelming mustiness that was hard to ignore. We were seated by a pleasant hostess and our waitress greeted us promptly enough. She did seem hassled, though, even though the restaurant was mostly empty.

"You guys want bread?"

"Uh, sure."

As she disappeared into the back, I got the feeling that we'd interrupted her evening by coming there. And why not take a risk and just assume that we want bread?

After delivering four golfball-sized biscuits to our table, she hovered while we looked at the menus, a little over eager to get our orders and be done with us. I selected the chicken quesadilla and was told they were out of tortillas. My son ordered the chocolate milk and was told they were out of milk. Okay. So I settled on a cheese burger. Did I want a premium cheddar burger, she asked? Hmm. Okay. Why not?

While I waited, I helped myself to the salad bar. It was okay. The lettuce seemed fresh, the veggies seemed attended to. I will say, the dark croutons were soft, and tasted a bit like rancid oil. If you leave off the croutons, you can create yourself a pretty decent salad.

When my burger arrived, there was nothing premium about it. An overdone, low grade patty with a glossy coating of American cheese. My husband's was the same way. I promise you...there was no way that was cheddar. So Ruby Tuesday, why bother with the upsell if you're just going to bring us regular cheese burgers? We hadn't even cared about it until you promised us cheddar. In fairness, I don't know if they charged us for the cheddar burgers and we didn't complain because by then what was the point?

One taste and of both the fries and the burger, and I wished we'd just stayed home. Bland. I grabbed the salt and tried to season my meal, but nothing came out. The waitress went by and we mentioned that our salt shaker seemed corroded shut.

"They're all like that," she assured us.

I considered opening the bottom of the shaker myself, but looking at the burger, again, I wondered what the point would be.

As we were leaving, my husband and I mused that we used to get take out from this location many times in years past before we'd moved. I can't remember the food ever being like this, and I can't remember the staff being so lackadaisical. What happened?

The moral of this story? If you are wanting to eat at a chain in Columbia, I'd urge you to consider other options.

1  Thank mbovary2014
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Last night my family and I decided to have some take out due to rainy weather..We were charged twice and had to prove that we already paid also when we made another order we were shorted by the bartender Stepha and when confronted so that we could receive the right amount back no apologies or admittance of mistakes made was accounted for also my change was tossed down on the counter and she walked off after..I then asked nicely to speak to a manager ..he also wasn't of any help..This has really bothered me ,I mean I love the food it was great but the mistreatment was very unfair ..My husband and I really felt like we were discriminated on..

1  Thank JB J
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Good food, not great. Excellent service on this visit. Salad bar needed freshening up. Not disappointed but not special

Reviewed 11 June 2015

We generally don't eat at Chains but this Ruby Tuesday was great. The service was spot on and the food was very good considering. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!