“Super lunch spot, walkable from campus”
Review of DI Prato's

DI Prato's
Ranked #8 of 1,080 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: DiPrato's Delicatessen opened May 2004, and, today, the DiPrato's Experience affords patrons a rewarding escape from ordinary fare. The reward? Delectable food, beautiful décor, and a beguiling balance: friendly service and a pleasant, neighborly feeling. DiPrato's, located where the Purple Cow grocer operated, graces a quiet neighborhood barely off the beaten path. Driving up, you notice the rich red brick, set off by greenery, and spacious windows where light pours in. Approaching the wooden, double-door entrance, a thought comes to mind. You're about to enjoy the DiPrato's Experience. You could say a Southern breeze laden with Italian accents drifts through this New York style delicatessen. Dine if you like on the patio where the glassy splash of falling water melts away concerns. Pita chips and pimento cheese are a real treat! Blend Dianne Light and Bill Prato's presence and culinary skills and you get a wonderfully popular delicatessen-DiPrato's.
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went during USCs open house with my 16 year old daughter and her friend. We were there about 1:30 on a Saturday and were quickly seated. Waiter was great - personable and attentive. Menu selection was solid and prices were fair. All in party were happy with our choices, only ding was sides were literally a small bag of ruffles chips, and soda and drink options aside from tea or water were all bottled varieties thus no refills. Small complaint though and quality of food and staff surpassed that minor issue. I would recommend and return.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with family while visiting USC. Excellent food and very friendly service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Had the fish tacos for lunch! Oh my, they are so good. Sandwiches are great. I like the pimento cheese and pita chips. Yummy! Don't miss this one.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Visting columbia and a family member suggested this deli for a place to meet and have lunch. As we entered the first impression was that they jammed in as many small tables as possible and our lunch expereince proved this out - uncomfortable cramped....

We ordered various items nothing special or noteworthy. I ordered the Rubeen sandwich and it was over saused soggy plus the toast burned on the inside and the meat was very limited. We sadly accepted the food only because we were guests and didn't want to make our host feel bad.

Pass this place by and keep looking for a better resturant.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

A group of us enjoyed pimento cheese and pita chips as an appetizer before we ordered sandwiches. They have several different kinds of Mentos cheese and we went with the house special. The pita chips were wonderful and the pimento cheese was delicious. It is enough for at least four people maybe even six people as an appetizer. I have eaten brunch there before and find their blueberry pancakes cannot be beat. I never have room for dessert because their sandwiches are a nice size. I would say their pasta salad is Bland and does not have vegetables in it contrary to what the waitress told me. That was my only disappointment.

Been to DI Prato's? Share your experiences!