“Pimento cheese heaven”

DI Prato's
Ranked #12 of 1,004 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: DiPrato's Delicatessen opened May 2004, and, today, the DiPrato's Experience affords patrons a rewarding escape from ordinary fare. The reward? Delectable food, beautiful décor, and a beguiling balance: friendly service and a pleasant, neighborly feeling. DiPrato's, located where the Purple Cow grocer operated, graces a quiet neighborhood barely off the beaten path. Driving up, you notice the rich red brick, set off by greenery, and spacious windows where light pours in. Approaching the wooden, double-door entrance, a thought comes to mind. You're about to enjoy the DiPrato's Experience. You could say a Southern breeze laden with Italian accents drifts through this New York style delicatessen. Dine if you like on the patio where the glassy splash of falling water melts away concerns. Pita chips and pimento cheese are a real treat! Blend Dianne Light and Bill Prato's presence and culinary skills and you get a wonderfully popular delicatessen-DiPrato's.
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

A group of us enjoyed pimento cheese and pita chips as an appetizer before we ordered sandwiches. They have several different kinds of Mentos cheese and we went with the house special. The pita chips were wonderful and the pimento cheese was delicious. It is enough for at least four people maybe even six people as an appetizer. I have eaten brunch there before and find their blueberry pancakes cannot be beat. I never have room for dessert because their sandwiches are a nice size. I would say their pasta salad is Bland and does not have vegetables in it contrary to what the waitress told me. That was my only disappointment.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Everything at DiPrato's is fresh and very, well prepared and tastes excellent. Large menu. . . Friendly atmosphere. . . Great food . . . Convenient location.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Have you ever walked into a place and thought OMG ? I walked in here and this was my reaction, the food on the deli counter all freshly prepared looked so inviting, from fried chicken to salads , different types of slaw , potato salad and this wonderful bread things .... well I tried them and was stunned by the flavour after speaking with a lovely lady I was told this were pitta chips , cuts of outta bread fried and tossed in seasoning and served with pimento cheese dip... well we ordered that immediately as well as a tuna salad and Rueben sandwich, the food is out of this world it’s fresh and flavoursome even the coffee was great and wasn’t bitter and it’s worth travelling back from England just to eat here again,
Everything is fresh the smells are wonderful the service is friendly and I will definitely return .

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We have been wanting to try this place for brunch for a while. The pita chips (homemade when ordered) and pimento chees dip (many flavors to choose from) is a definite MUST. We had the banana pecan pancakes and one of the omelettes. The omelette was enormous and it came with a side of grits, which were okay. The pancakes were nothing special and the syrup was not very sweet. Other than the pita chips and cheese dip, the food was average. Atmosphere of deli is great and our server was very attentive. We ended up taking a piece of key lime pie home for later. The array of desserts in the deli case is a treat to look at in and of itself.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We visited here for lunch the other day. I have been trying to come here for quite some time now.

There are two of us here for a business lunch. I ordered the fish tacos and my colleague got a prosciutto and ham panini. When the food arrived he decided that he really like for fish tacos so we split.

The fish tacos were really good - fried in a tempura style. They were not greasy and the fish was meaty. The prosciutto and ham panini was excellent.

I look forward to coming back and trying some additional items.

The restaurant is very near the USC campus and tends to be very busy at lunch. Come early so that you can get a parking spot.

Been to DI Prato's? Share your experiences!