“Special food”

DI Prato's
Ranked #11 of 992 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: DiPrato's Delicatessen opened May 2004, and, today, the DiPrato's Experience affords patrons a rewarding escape from ordinary fare. The reward? Delectable food, beautiful décor, and a beguiling balance: friendly service and a pleasant, neighborly feeling. DiPrato's, located where the Purple Cow grocer operated, graces a quiet neighborhood barely off the beaten path. Driving up, you notice the rich red brick, set off by greenery, and spacious windows where light pours in. Approaching the wooden, double-door entrance, a thought comes to mind. You're about to enjoy the DiPrato's Experience. You could say a Southern breeze laden with Italian accents drifts through this New York style delicatessen. Dine if you like on the patio where the glassy splash of falling water melts away concerns. Pita chips and pimento cheese are a real treat! Blend Dianne Light and Bill Prato's presence and culinary skills and you get a wonderfully popular delicatessen-DiPrato's.
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Pimento cheese, Cuban sandwich, roast beef with gravy all just wonderful. Service is always good. One of our favorite places

There are newer reviews for DI Prato's

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Di Prato's is a small-ish deli on Pickens Street, near the Maxcy Gregg Park. The deli serves everything from soups to salads, from sandwiches to cheesecake. The servers and owner are very friendly people who really seem to want to make you comfortable while dining at Di Prato's. For an early dinner, I ordered a pastrami sandwich, which came with pasta salad on the side. The sandwich wasn't anything to write home about, but the pasta salad was as good as any I've ever had. The best part about Di Prato's, however, was the praline cheesecake. (The deli also serves cheesecake actually made in Pennsylvania.) When you are in the South, you HAVE to try a praline-based product, and the cheesecake--although not as savory as other desserts I've had--did the praline justice. Overall, Di Prato's was a decent joint, and I'll be returning in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Although it was busy I was seated quickly and the food was excellent. A friend told me if I was in Columbia I had to eat here and I would agree. The food was terrific. Little noisy but it was hoppin' on Saturday at noon.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

A friend and I went for brunch last week. I had the peach pancakes with turkey sausage and a Bellini, my friend had the Pecan French Toast and sausage and a Bellini. The food was excellent, light fluffy pancakes, sweet peaches, plenty of syrup, lean sausages. The pecan French toast was also well received, but the Bellinis - ugh. I'd swear they had been made with grapefruit juice. The place was insanely busy by that time and our waitress was on the run so we drank them, but be warned.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

This is my new go to lunch place when in town visiting my son at USC. True southern hospitality, excellent food, and outstanding service. Can't go wrong!

Been to DI Prato's? Share your experiences!